"Then you walked in and my heart went-" Chapter 1

Two small disclaimers; I am not American, so if I get any terms wrong, that is your reason. I'm sorry. And secondly, there will be swears. If you're not comfortable with that then I apologise.

The tension between our eyes was immeasurable; sparking such a deep, swooping emotion that I had never felt before. It felt like I was on cloud nine. Drifting, floating, never touching the ground, the only thing that I was aware of being his gorgeous face. I felt his thumb brush the knuckles of my hand, my eyes only drifting down to our interlocked fingers momentarily before J felt him tip my chin up to meet his gaze once more. My heart swooned at his expression. Dark, handsome chocolate brown eyes, glimmering in the sunrise's pale golden light, coating his tanned skin in its silky glowing caress.
I felt my breath hitch. There were no words spoken between us and yet it felt as though a million things had just been voiced. Tension crackled further in the air, willing for someone to move, to do anything. I was afraid. But, as his eyes fluttered shut, head tilting in just that perfect amount, his lips parting and grip on my chin tightening - I slowly closed my eyes and leaned forward too, preparing myself for the sudden embrace of his lips against mine-

"Elizaaa!"

Eliza, who had been lurching forward into the pages of her book, felt her whole body give a jolt as she was shaken out of her small world. For god's sake. "What is it?" She called back, clear frustration in her tone. Her two favourite characters were just about to kiss! He'd finally confessed his past to her, and she'd accepted him for who he was. Couldn't her sisters leave her for three more seconds?

"I'm hungry! Can you go and buy something?"

Eliza exhaled a large puff. She folded a corner of her page and closed the book, patting it fondly before sitting up on her heels. Stretching her arms over her head, she glanced about the tiny apartment bedroom. The apartment she, Peggy and Angelica shared had two bedrooms: one with two beds, and one with one.

Considering that this was Eliza's apartment, she had been able to grab the room with one bed for the most amount of privacy. Not that it helped, mind you. She caught herself in the tall mirror that hung on the wall, and paused for a moment. Her long, usually sleek, dark brunette hair was ruffled and tangled. Her black-and-white tartan pajama shorts had one leg rolled right up to her hip, whilst her shirt was back to front.

She'd worked a long shift last night and threw on whatever clothes she picked up before falling into bed. I'm so glad I don't have work today. If I'd gone in looking like this...

Shifting herself around on the bed, she yawned and slipped onto the floor, sleepily walking toward the door and opening it. She walked out into their living room which also opened up into their kitchen. Peggy was sat at the counter, on her phone, dressed in a large oversized yellow hoodie with a sunflower smack-dab in the middle and white shorts. Her curly, cinnamon-brown hair was wrapped neatly up in a high ponytail, and when she glanced around at Eliza, she could see that Peggy had done her makeup too.

I can't believe she puts this much effort into looking good and then doesn't ever leave the apartment.

"'Lizaaa!" Peggy cheered as she spotted her sister, placing her phone gently on the counter and throwing herself off the stool to sprint over to her older sibling. She embraced her.

"Okay, stop with the cutesy act. What do you want me to buy?"

Peggy let go, frowning, placing her hands on her hips. "Damn, you're no fun."

"Tired." Eliza shrugged simply, gesturing to how she looked.

"Well, you're not wrong, you look awful," Peggy snorted, rolling her shoulders before folding her arms. "I'd just like some cereal! We ran all out and I'm hungry." She pouted.