Chapter 23

Back to reality

"What's his fucking address, let me go beat this motherfucker the fuck up!" Victoria shouted.

I laughed through my tears, "Tissue?"

Milo swiftly handed me one, "...Are you okay?" He sat down next to me.

"No, haha." I chuckled, as I blew my nose.

"You guys were fucking right." I wiped my tears with my arm.

"That son of a bitch." Milo gritted through his teeth.

I walked into the school the next morning, my eyes still puffy from crying, and exhausted because I didn't get any sleep.

"You okay?" Aubrey ran to me, "Milo told me what happened."

"Yeah...I'm f-fine." I lied to her as we walked to History together.

Seeing Claire gave me such anger, but I know the fault was truly on George.

I walked out of the school and sat on the bench at the front of the school. School just ended and I was dreading my walk home. I feel like I have no energy to even stand. I can't do it anymore, I had to let it out, I had to cry, I couldn't hold it in anymore. I crouched and covered my face with my hands, silently crying in them. I had to keep it in all day and I felt so relieved to let it out.

"I'm so sorry...."

I recognized his voice, am I imagining him? I turned to him.

"...I'm so sorry..." George repeated again, disappointed in himself and genuinely sorry.

"I'm just disappointed." I wiped my tears with my arms as I tried to stop crying.

"I-If I could go back and change everything," George turned to me as a tear threatened to roll down his cheek, "I would."

"You had so many opportunities to change, but you just didn't." I chuckled, glancing at him then back.

George sat there, disappointed in himself and in regret. A tear ran down his cheek.

We sat there in silence, both of us trying our hardest not to give into our emotions and let our tears run down, but they came out anyways.

"I can still drive you home." George turned to me.

"No....it's fine.." I stood up.

"Y/n are sure, I can-"

"Please...George...don't do this to yourself....please, just leave me alone....." I turned and started walking home.