Chapter 4

The bell rung and everyone dashed out of their seats and left the classroom, next period was computer science. As I walked to my next class I remembered George was gonna be in it and I smiled at myself.

I was walking to my computer science class and all out of a sudden one of those annoying basketball dudes got into my face and did that thing where they moved back and fourth and thought it was the most hilarious shit ever. I flipped them off and gave them the most judgmental face I could make and walked peacefully to my next class. When I got into the computer lab it was pretty loud with a bunch of students all talking at the same time in a I would say small room. Last time I took something in the computer lab it was robotics and the school had a blackout on the 2nd day of school and everyone was screaming because the room was pitch black, safe to say the classmates in that class made it hell to be in.

"Oh hey!" George walked into the classroom behind me.

"Hi!" I looked over at him behind me smiling.

"Where are you sitting?" George looked at the seats.

"I have no idea...uhm...you choose." I skimmed the seats, looking for an empty row.

The seats were 3 people a table with computers on the tables. The tables were all facing the front of the class. In the front of the class there was a white projection screen, it was broken so it was always kept down because of you tried to close it the whole thing would fall off of the wall. The teacher's desk sat at the back of the classroom, usually so they could see all the screens.

"I guess we can sit here." George picked the table that was the 2nd row closest in the left side of the room to the front so we could be further from the teacher and because it was empty.

I followed him to the seat and sat down, putting my backpack behind my chair on the floor. I sat in the corner seat and he sat in the middle. George placed his backpack on the "aisle seat" so no one could sit next to us.

The bell blared through out the classroom signaling that class has started and made me jump. "Oh shit that's loud." I laughed. George laughed at my state terror.

"Okay class today we're going to go to Scratch." The teacher announced.

When computer science ended me and George logged off our computers and put on our bags. We walked together to health class since we were both in the same class. While we walked we both dragged on about how boring health was and how much we hated it.

I opened the door to the class room for health and started heading to my seat with my friends.

"Oh, uh, y/n." George said from behind me.

I looked over at him.

He bent over and picked up my pencil I dropped out of the side pocket of my backpack and handed it to me.

"Oh my god, thanks." I grabbed my pencil. Afterwards we split our ways and sat with our friends.

Health as you expect was boring as ever, I yawned in boredom in my seat, waiting for time to pass already. I quickly checked my phone to see the time, 2:58 pm. I turned off my phone and started to quietly pack my stuff up so as soon as the bell rung I could run out of the classroom and leave.

My foot tapped on the carpet lightly, I tried to focus on whatever the teacher was saying but it was so goddamn boring that I was having trouble doing so. As I planned, as soon as the bell rang I rushed out of the class, being the third student to first leave.

I was walking home on the sidewalk, chilling with my music. A couple cars pasted in my peripheral view. The weather was a bit chilly so I had my hoodie on and my hands were in its pocket.

"Hey! Y/N." A voice from the back of me shouted, but I couldn't hear it because I was too focused on my music.

George ran up to me, lightly tapping my shoulder. "Hey y/n!"

"Huh," I looked over behind me, taking off one of my earbuds. "Oh, George! hey."

George caught up to me and started walking beside me. "Where ya going?"

"To study at the park." I looked at him smiling. "You walk home from school?"

"Yeah, you?" He looked at me then at the sidewalk cracks.

"Everyday." I looked at him then at the sidewalk cracks also.

"Same but I usually take a different way." He put his hands in his hoodie pocket.

There were about 30 seconds of awkward silence, just us walking, hearing cars past by, and the sound of the wind. I could also faintly hear my music play in one of ears from my earbud. I kicked the small littered garbage on the side walk as I walked.

"So, uh... w-wanna become study buddies or something?" George asked, stopping in the middle of his tracks out of the blue.

"What?" I stopped too once I noticed he stopped.

"Wanna become study buddies?" George said a bit more confidently but still nervously.

"Oh, yeah, that would be cool." I smiled at him.

"What are you listening too?" George asked looking at my earbuds then back at me.

"Oh...uh just my playlist, it has a bunch of stuff on it." I noticed that he wasn't listening to anything. "Want one?" I offered him one of my earbuds.

George took my earbud and put it in his ear.

My playlist was on shuffle and it changed to You Say I'm In Love by Banes World.

"I love this song." George looked over at me grinning.

I smiled back at him, silently agreeing, my hands still in my pockets.