Chapter Thirty - Eight

Things were hectic guys,😢 hence the delay in updating this precious work. Thank you so much everyone for your patience and support. I am so humbled and encouraged. God bless you all. We are about to conclude the book🙌🙌. I have some interesting books lined up, but not so sure which to publish next. But you will find out soon by God's mighty grace. Enjoy the update.

Chapter Dedication: @Caupcayke Words cannot express my sincere gratitude for your investment and encouragement. God bless you in abundance.

=====

The internet went haywire with comments about Funmi's latest scandal. Some were too speechless to comment while others insulted and wrote the cruelest things about her. But in the midst of the chaos, there was a light that was gracefully revealing itself, a light many were yet to see. It began with many Christian celebrities coming out in Funmi's defence; many pastors and people who had mether personally came out and called out for thorough investigations into the matter. Pastor Azikwe was interviewed by Discovery Jones and the Man of God confidently told the him and the rest of the members of the press that cornered him at church that his beloved daughter in Christ was innocent and it was only a matter of time before the truth came out.

2018 favourite Nollywood Actor award winner Lanre Martins took to Instagram and said, "I am just wondering where our country is going with the way our sense of humanity is deteriorating daily. Funmi Olanrewaju has made impactful changes in people's lives in this country and abroad. What crime has she committed that she was turned into an object of scorn, ridicule and disgrace? You know what is surprising about all this? She has kept quiet and did not retaliate! She did not affirm nor defend herself with all the harsh and disgraceful things people published and said about her! That is maturity right there! That is respect which a lot of these cold hearted journalists do not have; respect for their fellow humans and respect for others' pain and hard times. This whole thing looks fishy but anyway, my people, let us be kind, sympathetic and empathic. Let this witch hunt stop right now."

He was supported by many of his colleagues and fans. Several politicians and philanthropists in the country took to their Instagram and Facebook pages to lambast the press and those who went out of their way to spread rumours about Funmi and they confidently declared that they were #TeamFunmi. In few hours, #TeamFunmi began to trend on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, circulating with several pictures of Funmi doing different humanitarian works across the country and the world. It was a very high risk but they took it, assured that Funmi was truly innocent and would come out victorious.

Her parents knew it could only be God who came through and touched their hearts because since the news about her divorce broke out, it has been one bad news after another. Who in their right mind would put their own reputation on the line to stand for her? 

Many other comments followed,

"It is amazing that no one has been able to see the unbelievable drama spurned by haters against Funmi since the news of her divorce came out. My people, is she the first Christian woman to divorce? Is she the first to be entangled in love triangles and rectangles? Abeg, let the girl breathe! She owes no one nothing!" - Tony Nwaigbo (Best Actor of 2018)

"This whole thing smells like an awfully ugly dead rat. From one scandal after the other...something isn't right my people. Let us stop condemning and think deeply about all this." - Mandy (Afro Pop Singer)

"10 million Naira? Funmi will never do such a thing! I know the whole world seems to be turning upside down right now, but I am certain that she did not take the money. I hope that thorough and prompt investigations will be done to rescue the Nations's Princess. We are with you in prayer my daughter. This too shall pass." - Rev. (Mrs.) Regina Nwaeze (Wife of Vice President of Christian Association of Nigeria)