Chapter Thirty - Three

This chapter is dedicated to @Nomsidubs Thank you so much for your support and following up on this book. God bless you. 

****

"Nancy, wait, wait, wait! Who is your father?" Funmi could not believe her ears. There was no way that ruthless, avaricious and fame hungry person could be her father. They were complete opposite in character and personality. There was not even a hint of physical resemblance to the family.

"Funmi, I did not hide this from you to hurt you or to have a hold on you. I can explain everything."

Funmi did not know how to feel or even what to feel. She nodded her head in affirmation that Nancy could continue her tale.

"First of all, please get up." Nancy obeyed.

Funmi listened intently, showing different emotional expressions as her friend narrated the hell her mother went through and the present threats thrown at her because of her refusal to bring her friend down. At the point when Nancy mentioned the marriage proposal to Feranmi Agughalam, Funmi busted into intense laughter. Nancy did not know what to make out of it. IS her friend laughing at her? Does she think she is not worthy of Feranmi too?

"Darling, so you have such an interesting life and you hid it from me? Nancy, you did not do well. I would have become your private investigator, follow him up on all his social media accounts, hire someone to dig up information on him and even help you guys fall in love before the barrister shows up to discuss the proposal with his mother."

Nancy frowned and looked at her friend strangely.

"Funmi, this is serious."

"I know but wow! You did a big wrong to me hiding all this and carrying the weight alone." Funmi said in complete honesty.

Nancy's face fell and she looked down at her fingers. She knew Funmi would have done all she could to stop Barrister Okeke from harassing her but she wanted to handle him on her own and that was her mistake.

Mrs. Olanrewaju listened to the entire conversation and decided to join them. The ladies were shocked to see her and stood up abruptly.

"Mummy..." Nancy greeted her awkwardly.

Mrs. Olanrewaju ordered them to seat and with a straight face said, "Thank you for coming clean my daughter. I am glad you came to Funmi at last."

"I'm sorry Ma. I really am." Nancy apologized profusely.

"Someone sent me all the information I need already but the rest of the solution lies in your hands Funmi and your father too."

"What do you mean Mum?" Funmi asked.

"That journalist or what do you call her type, gossip blogger...ehn ehn. Her sponsor is Barrister Okeke."

Nancy's countenance fell further. Why was surprised? Her father was capable of anything vile in this world.

"In fact, he sponsored all the media houses that ran the story that started this chaos and is still sponsoring them. He has bought some shares in some of these companies and his wife is in the process of wining all the board members of your foundation over."

Funmi's face fell and she bowed her head, overwhelmed by the news.

Her phone began to ring and she excused herself. She looked at the caller ID and immediately swiped the green icon on the screen to receive the call.

"Daddy, good evening."

****

Mrs. Olanrewaju encouraged and scolded Nancy after Funmi left to receive her call.