Chapter Seven

Numerous gifts came for the twins and their mother as their naming ceremony drew near. Mrs. Adeniran, Kemi's mother also moved in to help out with the babies. The once tense and dull mansion came alive more than ever before as everyone joined hands to prepare for the ceremony and attend to the needs of the new mother and her babies.

Prior to the birth of the twins, a new problem besides Funmi's disappearance, arose; who gets to name the babies? Kemi's parents had to come to the Olanrewaju's home for the meeting to decide on the names. After going back and forth on both English and tribal names, everyone agreed to Dele's suggestion that the grandmothers will decide on the twin girl's middle name while the grandfathers will decide the twin boy's middle name; their first names will be decided by himself and Kemi.

"If Funmi was here, she would have given all the names without bothering about what anyone else might think." Dele had said with a small smile. He knew more than anyone else how Funmi had ceaselessly prayed for them to have their own children and encouraged them to wait upon God while faithfully loving each other.

"I am sure she will be happy with our choices Dele. I know for sure what our girl's name is." Kemi had replied and now as she woke up on the beautiful Saturday morning preparing for the naming ceremony that would begin in few hours, her heart sank deeper because of her friend's absence.

The babies were christened at the couple's church: House of Love worship Center, after which a mini party was held at the Olanrewaju's mansion. The names finally given were: Ethan (Hebrew for strong and enduring) Kayode (he brought joy) Olanrewaju and Zion (Hebrew for the mountain of the Lord or His dwelling place) Damilola (blessed with wealth) Olanrewaju.

A lot of guests asked numerous questions about why Kemi's best friend and aunt to the babies was nowhere to be found but like a pro, her mother made excuses that she was held up somewhere and could not make it back in time. The rest of the ceremony went on without a hitch and unknown to them, it was the beginning of a new beginning for them all.

On the first day of September, Pastor Azikwe called Funmi's family and her husband along with his parents to his office. Since Funmi's disappearance, Antonio had missed church services and would rarely pick up the calls from the spiritual shepherd. When all were seated in his office, he greeted them and thanked them for coming.

He observed the tension in the room and smiled brightly, knowing that the end has come to the heaviness and darkness strangling both families.

"I called you here for two major reasons: Funmilola's disappearance and the salvation of your souls." They all exchanged confused looks and he asked that everyone bow their heads for prayer.

At the end of the prayer, Pastor. Azikwe revealed to them how Funmi used to frequent his office after her wedding crying because of the state of things then. He also told them how proud he was that she decided to take up her role as Antonio's wife despite the fact that he wanted nothing to do with her. She chose to be his wife at heart and not just on paper.

Antonio's heart sank heavily as he realizes that no matter how they look at all that happened, Funmi's disappearance was at the end of the day, his fault.

"She knew all this would happen; how you are all so tense around each other, so she decided to call me yesterday and asked me to call all of you together."

"She called? My Funmi is alright?" Mrs. Olanrewaju gasped in shock and hot tears began to roll down her face in no time.

"She is alright and is in the country. She called me about why she left everything behind and asked that I help you all to reconcile."