"Yeah. I haven't talked to them much so i feel a bit guilty..." I scratched the back of my neck.

"If they're really your friends they won't mind too much. Plus now you have us." she smiled.

My eyes widened and started tearing up, "KIYOKOOO!" i threw myself into her, giving her a hug.

she giggled and hugged back, "Now let's get some sleep, we shouldn't stay up too long."

I nodded and slipped underneath the quit she laid out for me.

Me and Kiyoko were just getting to the gym by the time the boys were walking in, i was a bit embarrassed because i made us late but kiyoko waved it off.

"Have you seen any of your friends?" Kiyoko asked, looking at the boys that were walking in.

I shook my head, seeing a few people i knew but none of my friends. suddenly one of the guys started crying about how beautiful Kiyoko was. I giggled at pat her back as she sighed and kept walking.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around me. I quickly turned around to see Tetsuroo and Kenma standing behind him.

"How have you been, princess?" Tetsuroo smirked.

I kicked him in the shin and scowled, "When are you going to give that nickname a break?"

He held onto his leg, "Geez, being around all these guys has made you violent..." he mumbled.

i sighed and waved to kenma, knowing he wasn't one for hugs. he waved back, "You haven't been online in a while."

"I left my computer at my moms house." I sulked and Tetsuroo pat my back hard, almost making me fall.

"I'll be waiting to hear your cheers for me." he grinned mischievously.

"If there's anyone she's cheering for it's me!" Hinata puffed out his chest and pointed at himself.

"Is that right small fry?" Tetsuroo teased, making Hinata tense up. The two dogs came strolling up, making me sigh.

"You messing with our manager?" Tanaka made a stupid face, trying to intimidate the two Nekoma players. After seeing Tanakas face Kenma started walking away, not wanting to deal with him.

"Yeah that's what i thought!" Tanaka and Nishinoya stuck their tongues out and Daichi came up behind them and forced them into a bow.

"Sorry about that, I wasn't keeping an eye on them." Daichi apologized to the other captain.

Tetsuroo waved it off, "No worries." He turned to me and his smirk returned, "I'll see you after the game, princess." He caught up with kenma, who had already made it to the doors.

I huffed and walked off to where Kiyoko was helping Mr. Takeda and my dad.

I watched on the sidelines next to Kiyoko, wanting to jump in the game and help out but being unable to. I was torn watching my friends from each team play, knowing who i should be cheering for but wanting to cheer for the opponent. Regardless of who i wanted to cheer for i cheered for my team, the one i was representing. In the end however, Nekoma won the first match. and all the matches afterwards. It warmed me up how Kenma seemed to shine during this game. Perhaps Karasuno would have won if i hadn't been rooting for Nekoma in my head.

After the teams had finished all their matches the coaches talked to their opposing team and everyone started taking down. I stood with Kiyoko and watched the boys talk with one another. There were so many similarities on each team, it was refreshing to see. It also seems that Hinata and Kenma have become friends somehow. I can tell Kenma's a bit overwhelmed with the orange haired first year, but he definitely enjoys talking to him regardless.

When the finished putting everything away the teams walked out in tandem, saying their goodbyes.

"Are you going to celebrate our wins with us?" Tetsuroo asked after having some sort of hand shaking contest with Daichi.

I looked back at my dad and the team, most of which were glaring at Tetsuroo, "I'll celebrate with you and Kenma the next time i'm in tokyo."

"Come back quickly, your mom won't stop complaining about not being able to see you." he groaned.

i smiled, "I will. I'm thinking of coming in in a few weeks."

"Text me so i can make some time for you." Tetsuroo bent down and gave me a hug, "Ciao, princess." he turned and caught up with the rest of the team, kenma and tetsuroo waved once they got to their bus. I waved back and ran over to my own team.

"Why does he call you princess?" My dad asked, nearly catching fire with rage.

I sighed and pat my dads shoulder, "Calm down first. your blood pressure is so high your blood is probably the only thing you can hear."

He took a deep breath and asked his question again, this time slightly more calm.

"When we were little he got mud on my dress
and i cried and ran back home. after that he started calling me princess and he hasn't stopped." I smiled, remembering days when Tetsuroo, Kenma and I used to play around, though it was usually just me and Tetsuroo dragging Kenma along, "He's actually the reason i started playing volleyball."

The other members of the team had started listening in at this point, of few of them not even noticing i had spoken with the other teams captain at all.

"How did you meet him?" Hinata asked.

"We were neighbors, Kenma lived close too." i added, knowing he would be interested about Kenma.

"How come you're still bad at volleyball if you had such a good influence?" Tsukishima grinned.

"Says you, four eyes. At least i put effort in when i play." I scowled.

"When did the setter start playing?" Kageyama spoke up.

I raised an eyebrow, "His first year of middle school."

"Why did you leave Nekoma?" Sugawara asked.

"My mom was nagging me about my grades so i decided to stay with my dad during the school year." i gestured to my dad who was now talking to Mr. Takeda, "That's enough questions I think." The players nodded and started talking amongst themselves.

"Let's get back home kids." Ukai said, clapping his hands together.

09/12/20
wc: 1685
unedited