Chapter 11: Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Guess what I brought for you?"I asked her while she gazed straight into me as if the answer is written in me. Her brown orbs rummaging for an answer while her brows were creased not able to find one.

"What?"A sigh of capitulation egress from her within her words but her brown orbs says something else. Maybe not ready to surrender yet.

"I mentioned the word 'guess'."I taunt her as her brown orbs penetrated into me to quit this childish enthusiasm."Your most favorite thing in the world."I proffered her a definite clue to get the answer.

But instead, the waves of disheartening splashes across her brown orbs, poisoning the ocean of pleasant emotions. Her gaze settles on her lap as she takes a deep breath as if she's explaining something to herself. After a brief moment, she again peers back at me, forcing her lips into a smile.

"Why are you in your PJs?"Changing the topic, she asks me back something else with a chuckle. Astonishment is the only word that could describe my expression right now, seeing her sudden change of emotion.

"Surprise!"I holler again awkwardly as she gawks at me wide-eyed."I'm here for a sleepover."

"Are we in high school?" Chortling a little at my words, she scoffs at me before stuffing herself with a marshmallow that I placed earlier in a bowl.

"Yah! Will you be in that robe for tonight?"I snap at her out of embarrassment because of my previous words. She grins shamelessly at me while shoving another marshmallow in her mouth. She playfully proceeded her way to her room afterward.

"Weird girl" I mumbled under my breath before resuming my work.

Y/n's P.O.V

Snacks that we gathered around ourselves looked like a convict attempting justice as we sat engrossed, too focused on the movies. Barely noticing the popcorn that failed to make it's way to our slack mouths during the movie. The movie was so action-packed that the screen owned my eyeballs the whole period. We really spend that type of quality time after a long time. Yesterday was really fun.

Through the splinterings of the curtains, the egg yolk sun discharged her daylights and anticipated entrance into my eyes. The apprehension still in the grips of the night's glue, faint smile painting on my lips. Thoughts of the visions of last night flickering in mind,each of them gratifying the little success of my brain.

Hoping out of my bed,my feet carried me with it's slouchy step towards the kitchen.My eyes immediately spotted him making some type of dough.His bangs precisely reaching his eyes as he softly jerks his head to move them out of his sight.A vague grin get holds of my face as I make my way between his arms grabbing a rubber band.

"Wh-"His words cut off as he realizes my action.Collecting a grasp of his front hair,I secure it with the band preventing it from falling on his eyes.

"Here you go.Cute." Admiring my work on his hair, I stated as a mousy smile snares his face revealing his crooked teeth.

"I always look cute.You just didn't notice it earlier."That smile still plastered on his face but my gaze fell on somewhere else.

No, something else.

Blood stained red roses securely presented into a bouquet which was anchored in the coffee table.The glorifying daylights transcending through the blinds shimmering the ends of the petals.Excuting it more like round blood drops.

"Somebody left it on the doorway.Maybe sometype of sample flowers."He utters, noticing my gaze towards the pristine flowers.

That was too eye-catching that I just involuntarily nod at Jimin as my body desperately made it's way towards the coffee table. Hands gently stroking the sides of the petal as a card took my attention.

But that just ruined my mood.

"You changed a lot. Or did I mistaken to recognize you earlier?"