4-The Regret and The Wake

Third Person P.O.V.

On the Bifrost Bridge in Asgard, Loki is seen sitting on the edge, hand still stretched to where he was supposed to grab Rose's hand, but he was to late. He sits there, shocked, completely and utterly still, like he has ever since she fell. Heimdall finally reaches him, after seeing what had just taken place.
"Loki, you must get up and go to the palace. I will send word to your father about this tragedy." He said, a tear slowly making its way out of his amber coloured eyes. But Loki just sat there, like no one had said anything to him.

"Loki....." Then, Loki started falling forwards, off of the bridge. Or, at least he would have, had Heimdall not caught him.

"Rose! Heimdall! You have to let me go! I have to go after her! LET ME GO!" He said, wrenching and struggling in Heimdall's strong arms.

"Loki, I am very sorry, but you know that I cannot. we already lost the youngest of the royal family, we cannot afford to lose the second because he decided to commit suicide to jump over the Bifrost to save his lost sister." Loki finally stopped twisting and struggling, and listened to logic.

"I guess that you are right." Heimdall let Loki out of his arms, and he went towards the horses. He got on Night, grabbed Snow's reigns, and went off to the palace, silently crying.

Heimdall let a few more tears fall for Rose-she was his favourite royal child-before collecting himself, and walking back to the dome to send the message to the king.

Meanwhile On Earth (Midgard)....

Director Nick Fury is standing on the bridge in the Helicarrier, watching over New York, but invisible to the population. He turns around to go to his office, as Agent Phil Coulson runs into the room.

"Sir! Sir! I have some news!" He tells the director excitedly.

"What is it Phil? Spit it out. I don't have all day."

As he takes a deep breath, Phil opens his mouth to speak, but is interrupted by Agent Maria Hill, who briskly walks into the room, looking at her tablet.

"Sir, something just landed just off the coast of Florida."

Fury started walking towards his office, his two high level agents following suit.

" What does that have to do with S.H.I.E.L.D? Let NASA deal with their own comets! " He said growling.

Finally, Coulson gets the chance to speak up.

" That's the thing. S.W.O.R.D. sent down their scan of the so-called 'comet'," he said using air-quotation marks." The comet has the form of a body. So, technically it's not really a comet at all."
Fury quickly turns on his heel, and heads back towards the bridge, but not before speaking into the com-link.

" I need Agent Rumlow, Agent May, Agent Morse, and Agents FitzSimmons to report to the bridge immediately."

"Yes sir!" Was quickly replied over the system. About five minutes later, everyone was gathered in the bridge, discussing what was about to happen.

"Alright. Agents FitzSimmons, Morse, and I will be in Jet 1. Agents Rumlow, May, Hill, and Coulson will be in Jet 2 for backup if needed. Any questions?" Fury questions the group.

"Sir why do I have to be paired with May AND Hill?" Coulson asks.

"Coulson. I am going to pretend that didn't even come out of your mouth let alone into my ears."

"Sir, do you need me to assemble the S.T.R.I.K.E squad just in case?" Rumlow asks.

" No. we will be fine on our own I'm pretty sure." Fury responded, emphasizing the word pretty.
"Now, everyone go to your assigned jets."

With that, everyone got up and left to their jets.
............
About 20 minutes later, Fury can be seen in his jet hovering above where the comet- the body - is.

"Sir!" Simmons called. "We've located what we're looking for!" She says in her excited, British accent.
"We have, but the claw isn't going to reach that far underwater." Fitz adds sadly.
"Now, who said that it was going to have to reach all the way to the bottom of the ocean?" He questions. He quickly turn on his heel and peers into the cockpit, and whispers something into Agent Morse's ear."You might want to get buckled up." he says, turning back towards the young scientists, and taking a seat.

They looked at each other, and quickly took a seat and got strapped in.

"What is happening?" Simmons questioned nervously.
"I think we are going underwater!" Fitz said excitedly. Fury just rolled his eyes.

They stopped moving, and Agent Morse said something to the director.

"FitzSimmons, it's time for you to do your thing." They quickly moved to their stations. Simmons to the cameras, and Fitz to the claw controls. "Do you see it agents?" Fury asked, and Simmons nodded her head enthusiastically.

" Sir! This is incredible! It's unbelievable! It's impossible, yet I'm seeing it with my own eyes!"

"Simmons! What in the world do you see?"

"The 'thing' is a girl, and she is somehow protecting herself! There is an air bubble surrounding her! Fitz! Be careful not to hurt her!" She says, as he lowers the claw to grab the girl.

"Have you got her Fitz?" Fury asks as he replies yes. "Morse, take us up. Also, radio to Hill to tell her that we're heading back towards the Helicarrier.
"Fitz, can you bring the girl up?"

"Already on it sir. she should be up any time now." He says just as she appears through the open doors in the floor.

"Simmons, you grab the stretcher in the back closet there. Fitz, you help me pick her up and put her on the stretcher when Simmons returns."
With that, Simmons scurried off to get the stretcher, and returned surprisingly quickly for a girl that small and having to open the stretcher.Then, Fury and Fitz attempted to pick the girl up, but there was a little bit of a struggle on Fitz' side. So, Fury picked her up and put her on the stretcher just as they landed on the Helicarrier.

"FitzSimmons, you go get Hill and Coulson and tell them to meet me in the Med Bay. Morse, you help me take her," Fury said gesturing to the girl, "to the Med Bay. After that, your are all dismissed." FitzSimmons ran off to get Hill and Coulson, and Morse helped Fury rush the girl into the Med Bay.

They quickly got her in, and a couple of nurses got her into a room, and Agent Morse turned to leave just as Agents Coulson and Hill rushed into the room. They immediately started discussing about what they should do with her when she wakes up.

"Sir, I don't think that it is a very good idea to keep her here. I mean, she is not from Earth, and she could be a spy from another planet for crying out loud! Wait, that just sounds weird. An alien spy inside a secret spy organization. Wow, things just got overly complicated." Hill said, trying to reason with Fury.

"Sir, I hate to say this, but I have to agree with Maria on this." Coulson says, leaving Hill spell-bound. "I know, it surprises me too. But we know nothing about this girl. Where she is from, who she is, if she is royal or not. though I highly doubt it. Do you really think that it is best for her to stay here?"

"I do. We can ask her where she is from when she wakes up,and for some reason, I feel oblodged to take care of her. I can't explain it. And we can't let her just wander the streets of Manhattan, New York, all on her own." Fury says, trying to settle the arguement. But as the Agents were bickering, they did not notice that the girl that they were talking about-who was right underneath them- had started to wake up.

When they did notice, was when she started screaming the loudest scream that shattered the glass of water that was on the nightstand beside her bed.

__________________________

Hi everyone!

I know I know. 'Rose, this chapter was rushed and sloppy and all that crappy stuff.'

I apologize for that. I really do. I've been really busy with school and a certain little brother who can be a pain in the butt, dance, and a school competition that I really have to start preparing for.
I really am sorry about how bad this chapter was, but it was really long! I guess that makes up for it. Kinda. Not really. So so sorry. I'll update as soon as I can.

Thanks for reading!
-Rose