1-Birthdays and Hide-and-go-seek

Rose's P.O.V.

"Loki! Thor! Brothers! Will you please come out? Doesn't the birthday girl deserve a break?" I called out to my brothers, as I wandered the palace halls.

Oh, excuse my manners! My name is Princess Rose of Asgard, and I am burdened with glorious purpose. At least, that's what my mother always used to say. I probably should of mentioned that earlier. It is my birthday today, and Loki had the bright idea to play hide-and-go-seek. Of course, I was voted to be it. I'm looking for Thor, Loki, Lady Sif,and the Warriors Three - Fandral, Volstagg, and Hogan.

I wander the halls, looking for signs of any weird movement other than all of the maids and servants walking in the halls but I found none. I turn to my left, to go towards my father's throne room, for I have a feeling that Loki might be in there, possibly sitting on Odin's throne.

Then, I see movement behind one of the curtains overlooking the castle gardens. I slowly walk over to them, only to hear Volstagg talking.
"Loki! Stop moving! She will surely see us if you keep it up!"
I quickly pull back the curtain, surprising him.

"Rose! You scared me! I almost chocked."

I was about to question him on what he was going to chock on, I saw a bunch of food at his feet, and he was holding some poor animals leg in his hand.

"Volstagg, where is Loki hiding?" I inquired.

"He is hiding the other curtains." he told me. I left him to finish his food, and I turned towards the set of curtains across from us-I have no idea why they are there. There isn't a window there-to see if Loki was behind them.

I pulled back the curtains, and standing in front of me, was Loki-who had no emotions on his face whatsoever.

"Brother? Are you feeling fine? You don't look so well." He just stood there, acting as if I had not said anything to him at all. "Loki? Is anyone there?"
I asked him, reaching to touch him. But when I went to touch him, he disappeared, and I screamed.

"Loki! We said no powers or tricks!" I yelled out to him. Then, he connected with my mind, saying

"Yes, I know we did. But what made you think that I was going to follow those rules? After all, they don't call me the God of Mischief and Lies for nothing." he said.

I can just imagine that sly smirk making its way across his face.

"I thought that you would just this once because it is my birthday!" I replied, being a tad bit sassy to him.

"Well then, sister, you thought wrong. and by the way, Fandral is in the wardrobe down the hallway, Hogan is in the palace gardens, Sif is in the weapons vault, and Thor is in the kitchen. As usual."
I laughed. I started towards the wardrobe, where Fandral was apparently hiding. I open up the doors, and he falls out, holding a bunch of bundles of clothes.
"I found you Fandral."

"Indeed you did, Rose. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to try on some new clothes." He said, as he ran off to his room. I couldn't help but giggle to myself a little bit. Next, is the weapons vault, and the palace gardens.

I quickly made my way towards to weapons vault, and I quietly opened the doors. Both Lady Sif and Hogan were there! That makes things easier for me. They are about to spar, so, I'm going to try to scare them!

"Both of you, put your hands up!" I yelled to them. Sif quickly spun around to where I was, pointing her sword at me. But Hogan, on the other hand, immediately dropped his mace and put his hand up in the air, with a scared look in his face-that of which you do not see very often. I can't stop laughing.

"I......fo.....found.......you." I was able to make out. Sif turned to see what I was laughing about, and she started laughing herself.

"I'm going to the kitchen to find Thor if you need me. Then I will be off to find Loki!"

"Good luck Rose. You'll need it."
I tried to send a message to Loki.

"Loki, where are you?" I asked in a sing-song voice.

"I'm not telling you." He said, mockingly.

"Fine, whatever. I won't even bother to try finding you then."
I didn't get any reply after that, except for one thing.

"Ehehehehehe"

" To the kitchen!" I said out loud, and I think that it was a little too loud, because some of the maids passing by stared at me like I was nuts.

I passed some of the windows that overlook the garden, and just stood to admire the view for a little while. I snapped out of my daze, hearing Thor eating something. He is a very loud eater.

"Thor! I can see you! Stop eating the cookie dough for tonight!" I yelled out to him.

"What m'r you tahlking agout?" He said with a mouth full of - can you guess? Cookie dough!

"Whatever Thor. Can we go to the training grounds? I nee to practice my powers." I asked. Right! I knew that I forgot something! I have powers. When I get to the right age, I will be called the Goddess of Nature. Right now I have powers that involve water. That's it so far.

"Sure Rose. Let's go." He said after swallowing the food in his mouth.
No, I didn't forget about Loki. I said I wasn't going to look for him, so I'm not.

But I wonder what he is up to......

__________________________

Hi!

Thanks for wanting to read my story! This is my first time writing a story, so I'm sorry if it's a little bit choppy or sloppy. Please tell me what you think of the story! I'll post another chapter as soon as I can.

- Rose