17- Family Reunion

Rose's P.O.V.

We land near a ledge, and the man throws Loki on the ground-who groans in return- and gently places me on the ground. Slowly, Loki's groaning turns into chuckling.

"Where is the Tesseract?" The man-Thor- questions him.

"I missed you too." He replies, dodging the question, while still chuckling. How can he laugh at a time like this?

"Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" Thor retorts.

"Well, let's not play a game, but only ask questions. Like so. Miss, are you or are you not Princess Rose of Asgard?" Loki asks, directing both their attentions to me.

"Um, well, it's kind of hard to say...."

"Please, answer my brother. We need to know." Thor pleads gently. Wait, when did he join his side?

"How did this turn in me? I thought we were trying to figure out the location of the Tesseract!" I say, and Thor's attention was once again averted towards Loki.

"She is right. Answer the question Loki." Thor commands sternly.

"You really should thank me. With the Bifrost gone, how much dark energy did the AllFather have to muster to conger you here to your precious earth?" Loki says. Thor drops his hammer, and grabs Loki's arm, looking him dead in the eye.

"I thought you were dead." He states sadly.

"Did you morn?" Loki asks him.

"We all did. Our father-" Loki cuts him off with the raise of a single finger.

"Your.Father." he snarls. Thor lets go, and they stand facing each other for a moment, before Loki starts walking away.

"He did tell you who my true parents are, did he not?" Loki asks, his back facing Thor.

"Wait, what?" I accidentally say out loud.

"That's right! You were thought to be dead while Thor got sent to Earth, and I teamed up with Frost Giants. You know why?" He sasses. I shake my head no.

"My parents are Frost Giants!" He roars."My father was Laufey!" I stand still, shocked by his words.

"We were raised together, played together, we fought together." Thor responds to his outburst. "Do you remember none of that?"

Loki slowly turns around. "I remember a shadow. I remember living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king!"

"This is not the brother I remember from when I was a child! What happened to the Loki I once knew? The one I loved! The one who was kind to me when I was sad, the one who always kept me company. The one who didn't care about being King?" I cried, tears streaming down my face. I always hated it when they fought.

"That man died with you!" He yelled.

"Well, I guess he must be alive. Because, you said he died with me. But, I'm not dead, am I?" I whisper.

"You may not be, but he most certainly is."

"So you take the world I love, for a recompense for your imagined slights?" Loki looks offended at this.

"The Earth is under my protection Loki." Loki chuckles.

"And you're doing a marvellous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in drones while you idly threat. I mean to rule them! And why should I not?"

"You think yourself above them." Thor states.

"Why yes." Wow! Thanks Loki! My friends will love to hear that.