14- The Meeting

Rose's P.O.V.

I get to the seating area set up in the bridge, and I walk over to Natasha, who I see is hovered over an agent who is working. I look at his computer, and I see he is running facial recognition software to find Clint, as is the agent beside him, but the other agent is looking for some guy with long black hair.

Steve and Dr.Banner walk in not long after me, and Dr.Banner walks around ackwardly, and stops short when he sees armed agents near him, and he nervously scratches behind his ear.

Steve, on the other hand, is looking at everything around him in awe.

I look at Agent Hill, who is telling the agents around her what to do.

"Emergency S.H.I.E.L.D. protocol 193 dash 6 in effect." Whatever that means.
"We're at level, sir." She directs the last part to Director Fury.

"Good. Take off." Hill starts shouting orders to the agents again and Nick walks away from the computers he was looking at.

"Gentlemen." He welcomes, walking over to Steve and Dr.Banner. Steve pulls out his wallet, and hands him a 10 dollar bill. They must've made a bet.

"Doctor, thank you for coming." He holds out his hand to Dr.Banner.

"Thank you for asking nicely." He thanks, shaking his hand. "So, uh, how long am I staying?"

"Till we get our hands on the Tesseract. You should know that." Fury answers in a matter-of- fact tone of voice.

"Where is that?" Banner asks, meaning the Tesseract.

"We're sweeping every wirelessly accessible camera on the planet." Coulson quips in. "Cellphones, laptops, things like that. If it's connected to a sattelite, it's easier for us to hack."

"We're not going to have enough time to find them." Natasha says absentmindedly.

"She's right you know." I add. Fury gives me a short glare, and I walk over to Steve.

"How many spectrometers do you have access to?" Banner questions.

"How many are there?" Nick retorts curiously.

"Call every lab you know. Tell them to put their spectrometers on their roofs and calibrate them for gamma rays. I'll write out a tracking algorithm for basic cluster recognition. At least that'll rule out a few places." Banner tells Nick.

I look at Steve, and he looks just about as confused as I am.

"Do you have any idea what their saying?" I whisper to him.

"Not a clue." He responds. I think Nat overheard us, because I could hear a slight chuckle that's feminine coming from her direction.

"Do you have somewhere for me to work?" Banner asks.

"Agent Romanoff," Fury calls her, " show Dr.Banner to his laboratory, please."

"You're gonna love it Doc. We have all the toys." She tells him as they walk out of the room.

Coulson walks over to Cap and I, and stands beside him. I have a feeling it's about his cards.

"I mean, if it's not too much trouble." Coulson says. Oh, here we go.

"No, no, it's fine." Steve also says absentmindedly.

We all stood awkwardly for a couple seconds, until Coulson broke the ice. Again.

"It's a vintage set. Took me a couple years to collect them all." How old are you Coulson? You haven't been able to get cards like those for 20 years! "Near mint. Slight boxing around the edges, but-"

"We have a hit." Someone I recognize as Agent Sitwell call out. Fury walks over to his computers. "67 percent match. Wait, cross-match, 79 percent." Coulson walks over to Sitwell.

"Location?"

"Stuttgart, Germany. 28 Konistrasse Plaza. And he's not exactly hiding." He adds.

Nick looks at Steve and I.

"Captain, Agent Rose, you're up."
Steve nods, and I get a little giddy.

Sweet! Now for some real action!

___________________________

Hi!

So I finally decided to update because I had time.......I hate being sick. But seriously though, Agent Sitwell actually was in Avengers! I've never noticed that before. Anyways, next chapter were gonna get some action! Yay! Honestly, you guys, thanks for all your kind support with the votes, comments, and especially reads.

Like, seriously! I never thought I would get 2.75 k reads after the 13th chapter! 23 at least, but definitely not 13th! It really means a lot. Well, now I'm gonna try to get some sleep. But, if I'm sick again tomorrow, I'll try my best to update again. Don't count on it, but I just might.

Thanks again!

Eat some Tacos! (If you haven't noticed yet, I really like tacos. lol)
-Rose