23|The Battle for New York

Rose flies along side the quinjet, heading for New York as fast as she possibly can.

Stark Tower comes into view, and the Captain gives her the go ahead, as she speeds off to help Tony.

She spots him already at Stark Tower, his armour being removed from his body a piece at a time. By the time she reaches the Tower, he is already fixing himself a drink.

"Stalling me won't change anything." Loki says, taking a step towards Stark.

"No, no, no! Threatening! No drink? You sure? I'm having one." Tony says, taking a step behind his bar.

"The Chitauri are comig, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?" Loki states, a slight smirk making its way onto his face.

"The Avengers." Loki looks at Tony confused, as Rose lands to the balcony outside. 'Thats what we call orselves., sort of like a team. 'Earth's mightiest heroes' type of thing." Tony notices Rose, and makes no note of it, but somehow Loki does not sense  her.

"Yes, I've met them."

Tony smiles, "yeah, takes a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one." He says, pausing to take a sip of his drink. "But let do a head count here. Your brother, the Demi-god; a super soldier, a living legend who kind of lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, managed to piss off every single one of them."

"I have an army." Loki says, as if he had no worries in the world.

"We have a Hulk." Tony shrugs.

Rose takes a step behind Loki, speaking up. "You forgot one more person. The sister who loved him no matter what he did or what he looked like, the sister who knew she could come to him for anything." She pauses the punch him across the face. "The sister who fell off the BiFrost and found herself on Midgard, trained to control my new found powers, and trained to be an assassin by the best-my best friends. One of whom, you turned to kill his fellow agents," pauses to kick him in the groin, "and pretty much adopted by the man who shot you back on the Helicarrier. And what did you do?"

He tries to get up, but she slaps him across the face.

"YOU.' Another kick.

"KILLED." He gets up, backing away from her, as Tony puts on his homing-bracelets.

"HIM!" She sends a blast of fire at him, fire she didn't know she even had. He turns around quickly, gingerly placing a hand against his new burn on his cheek.

He sends a blast of magic at her,m stunning her for only a moment. He walks over to Tony, placing his sceptre on his chest, attempting to take control of him.

"this should work."Loki says, tapping his chest again when it didnt work.

"Well, performance issues, you know?" Loki grabs Tony by the throat, flinging him across the room.

"Oh, don't you even start, mister!" Rose yells, jumping up and wrapping her legs around his neck, strangling him. He claws at her, grabbing her legs, and throwing her outside on the balcony. In anger, Loki storms back over to Tony, grabbing him by the neck again.

"J.A.R.V.I.S. Any time now." Tony wheezes, as Loki glares at him one last time.

"You will fall before me." With that, Loki throws him out the window, Tony free-falling down the side of the tower.From behind Loki, a red pod shoot out of the elevator shaft, narrowly missing his head.

The suit latches onto Tony, who flies back up to Loki.  Loki raises his sceptre, and Tony fires at him,sending him flying backwards.

Tony flies back over to Rose, helping her to her feet. "Remind me to never get on your bad side."