Chapter 9

Sophie knew that she had to keep a good watch on Fintan and not let him call anyone so she just put on earphones and started listening to a few human songs that she liked. 

At the time, Granite was interrogating Fintan by asking him about their next attack. 

When she looked at Fintan, she could see some clear similarities in them like their red hair and the accents. 

She sometimes wondered why she had brown eyes. She was an elf too, with some modifications sure but still. Brown eyes were no excuse. 

At she shook her eyes of of Fintan, she saw the Neverseen member that she had seen earlier when Fintan kidnapped Grady and Edaline hidden in the shadows.

 His name was Dawn. Beside Granite she saw a thinking cap. She transmitted to Granite as she wore hers. Granite is underlined and Sophie is Italics

Granite, there is a cap beside you, wear it.

What??

Look towards your right.

Granite had no idea what was happening but he wore the cap, she stepped one step forward and punched Dawn right in the face. Because he was hurt, he couldn't hide himself so he turned visible. 

"Well, well well. If it isn't the moonlark", he said in a very steady voice even though Sophie could tell he was in pain inside. Hello to you too Dawn," Sophie replied. 

Granite had a very confused face so he just asked Dawn what he was here for. 

"Oh nothing I just wanted to remind the Moon-lark to stick with her friends, punches won't save her.

 Oh and Fintan, be ready for an escape", He warned with a smug smile as he took out a black leaping crystal and disappeared.

As soon as he left, Sophie realized how scared she was of him.

That night she didn't sleep at all but she had this thing where sometimes she felt like she didn't need sleep, like some kind of she-devil-elf-human-horse-creature.

Time skip to morning because I don't feel the need of describing her sleepless night

At seven, she left her bed and as saw Fintan sleeping in the floor and Granite on the couch in her room. Suddenly, she felt like she was punched in the gut.

 As, she looked at Fintan, she saw him tossing and turning.

"This must be his feelings" she thought. As she leaned down to him, she felt betrayal, sadness and fear. 

She put her hand on him and sent small waves. Happiness, friendship, calmness, care, love. One by one, he became calmer.

This was a lot like when she had inflicted except then, she had dumped the emotions on him. 

Now they were just breezes and waves going towards him. She just felt herself near him, but she couldn't tell him this so she turned away and left.