vii.cuts

later, five and roxy arrived at a department story.

"does delores live here or something? wait- how does that even work? she didn't even come back with you. did she land somewhere else?" roxy bombarded five with questions to which he chose not to answer.

five grabbed hold of the girl's waist and teleported into the poorly lit store. "it's so dark in here. i can't see anything, five." roxy said, complaining. she didn't know why she was so annoyed. it was either the fact that she loved five and they were going to find his girlfriend, or- well there really is no other reason roxy would be annoyed.

"follow me," five said as he walked deeper into the department store. "this is starting to creep me out," roxy said to five. "roxy, do i really have to treat you like a child right now? just follow me and stop complaining," five said, annoyed with the girl.

roxy groaned. "well you were the one who forced me on the fucking field trip," she mumbled to herself, which five heard.

she continued to follow five but tripped and fell. "oh for fucks sake." roxy said as she tried to get up. five teleported to her and picked her up, bridal style. "since it seems you can't enter a store without bitching, falling, or being scared, it looks like i'll be carrying you until i find delores."

ouch.

roxy didn't respond.

five picked up a flashlight from the counter and handed it to roxy who was still in his arms. she turned it on as he continued to walk. she scanned the isles looking for anything moving, or anything that looked like a person. five then, walked over to some mannikins.

"shine the flashlight on these." five said. the young girl gave him a weird expression but did as he said. as they- as he was walking past them, he carefully examined them.

he walked past them, though, and walked into a new aisle, with 3 mannikins on display. he smiled and walked over to the display. he gently put the confused girl down.

"delores," five said looking at the main mannikin, smiling. it took roxy a minute to register what was going on. "it's good to see you," five said to delores.

"i've missed you, obviously," five said, sadly. roxy thought five was insane. but i mean, he was alone for 45 years. he needed someone, or something to hold onto. and delores to happened to be that thing. roxy tried to understand the boy.

"it's been a rough couple of days," five said to delores. "roxy's the only person that's been keeping me sane." five laughed. "hi, i'm roxy!" roxy said, introducing herself.
she thought it was a little weird, but she'd do anything for five, and he knew it.

suddenly, music started blasting from the speakers. the song was 'don't stop me now', which just happened to be a song roxy loved. "what the hell?" roxy said looking around to see if anyone else was in the store.

five saw two masked people and yelled out a "no!" as they almost hit roxy. "who the fuck are they?!" roxy yelled at five. "i don't know!" five yelled back. he grabbed roxy and ran away from the display, hiding in clothing racks. "oh shit it's them!" five whisper-yelled at the girl. "who the fuck is 'them'?!" five, of course, didn't answer her.

five ran back over to the display. "what the hell are you doing?!?" roxy yelled at him. he grabbed delores and brought her back to where roxy was. "i'll be right back for you." five said to delores as he grabbed roxy's hand and sprinted away, teleporting with the girl every few steps.

"you see that?" a woman's voice said.

"you said he was special. now, what?" a man's voice asked.