v.softy

"i survived on scraps." five and roxy have moved to the couch, due to roxy almost having a panic attack. five was sitting up straight while roxy was sitting sideways on his lap with her legs extended on the couch, her head rested on fives chest as he played with her hair.

"canned food, cockroaches, anything i could find." he chuckled. roxy didn't like that. she didn't like that he had to suffer through that. she didn't like that he laughed at it. "you know that rumor that twinkies have an endless shelf life?" five asked roxy, hoping to cheer her up. "yea, 'cause they do," roxy said looking up at five.

"it's total bullshit," five finished. roxy lightly smacked him burying her face in his neck. "you're killing my dreams five." roxy said. five had a confused look on his face.

"what the hell are your dreams roxy?" five asked the girl. "to eat twinkies until i die," roxy said nonchalantly.

"i can't even imagine..." vanya said continuing the serious conversation.

"you do whatever it takes to survive, or you die." five said to vanya. roxy's mood was killed again. she hated that she accused five of leaving her. that was a real bitchy move on her end.

"so we adapted," five started to say. roxy got jealous again. who's "we"? is that the chick, delores, five was talking about?

"whatever the world through at us,"

ouch.

"we found a way to overcome it."

ouch.

"we?" vanya asked, relieving roxy of the pressure of having to ask.

"you have anything stronger?" five asked picking up his coffee mug, completely ignoring the question.

vanya got up and went to the kitchen. roxy moved off of fives lap and pulled her skirt a little down, it accidentally raising up as she got off of him. five looked at what she was doing. "you should have left it up," five said with a straight face looking at roxy.

"how's this for leaving up?" roxy asked raising her middle finger at him. vanya handed five a glass of vodka. five stood up walking to the other side of the room, drinking it.

"you think i'm crazy." five chuckled looking at vanya.

"no," she said, immediately.

"it's just, it's a lot to take in," she finished, defensively.

"exactly what don't you understand?" five asked, starting to get mad. roxy got off the couch and walked over to them.

"why didn't you just time travel back?" vanya asks five.

five scoffed, "gee, which id thought of that."

roxy walked over to five and pulled at his hand. she didn't want him to get upset. he didn't move from his spot.

"time travel is a crapshoot. i went into the ice and never acorn-ed. you think i didn't try everything to get back to my family? to roxy?" fives voice broke at the end and he laced his fingers with roxy, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles.

vanya slowly nodded her head. "if you grew old there, you know, in the apocalypse, how come you still look like a kid?"

he scoffed. "i told you already." five let go of roxys hand going to pour more vodka in his class. "i must have gotten the equations wrong." he sighed.

"i mean, dad used to always say that time travel could mess up your mind. maybe that's what happening?" vanya asked.

"v, what the hell?" roxy asked getting defensive for the boy.