Chapter 1

(Angelica's POV)

It's 10 a.m. and I come downstairs from my sister's guest room dressed in my favorite peach dress. I notice my niece playing in the living room with a toy, I'm assuming Eliza had gotten for her birthday.

I sit on one of the chairs, and relish the morning. I wave towards Angie (the niece) who waved back and went back to her immersed imagination.

I enjoy the silence, until it gets cut off by laughing.

Alexander and his son walk into the house from the backyard. I only figured because Phillip has dirt screening his freckles and Alexander's hair was ruffled. Phillip had a smile plastered across his face and was giddily talking to his father, about something I can't really hear.

As I silently watched the two, Alexander notices me and quickly gives me a sheepish smile and smooths his hair back in a poor attempt to fix it.

I giggle, but as I go to speak, my sister walks into the living room with youngest child in hand and greets her husband and son. She gives Phillip a kiss on the forehead and then kisses Alexander sweetly.

Suddenly, I start to feel tears beading in my eyes, but I don't know why. I'm happy for my sister. She got the life and relationship she always dreamed about since she heard her first fairy tale.

D**n...I don't know if I'm jealous of her or what she has...

Maybe both.

I stare at the two; seeing them happy as a couple could be. I look at Eliza for a bit, then my gaze shifts towards Alexander.

I must have been staring for too long because soon Alexander makes eye contact with me and gives me a slight look of worry. As an answer, I give a small smile to reassure him, yet I know he probably doesn't believe me.

Popping out of her lovey-bubbly state, Eliza mentions: "I'm going to the store, do any of you want something specific?"

Alexander and I both politely decline and with her three children, Eliza leaves; and now it's only Alexander and I.

Great. Just how I wanted to spend my Saturday.

I get a slight headache and feeling that I might start crying, I get up slowly to not look suspicious and start walking towards the end of the hallway across from the stairs.

Not even halfway there, Alexander suddenly pops up next to me and immediately questions what happened in the last five minutes.

"Angelica, are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Something was just in my eyes."

He gives me a sarcastic look and continues to walk with me until we hit the end, where pictures decorated the wall. Some of it were family members, the others...maybe family friends.

"Angelica—"

"I'm ok, alright. Don't worry to much about it."

Alexander sighs out of what he probably assumes me being stubborn, but I'm sure he won't give up—

"..."

In a sudden moment that causes butterflies to flutter in an extreme state in my stomach, Alexander spins me around so that I'm facing him, my back on the wall, and places his hands near my head.

"Angelica, I know you and I know you know I know you. So I can confidently say that something is wrong."

With our faces only seven inches apart, I feel my face getting hot and I know it's been eleven years, but for some reason I can't get rid of my feelings. I know I should let him go. It's mostly one-sided, an unrequited love...

but his letters tell me otherwise

I'm such an idiot.

(Don't get me wrong, what he's doing p¡**es me off, yet somehow this just stirs my feelings for him even more).

Seeing that I wasn't answering, he backs up and says:

"I'm sorry for prying, but I just want to know that you're fine and figure out what's wrong—"

"NOTHING! It's—nothing, Alex."

I cut myself off before I start ranting.

He gives me a face of concern and now my butterflies turn into guilt. I notice Alexander opens his mouth to speak, but suddenly his face starts blurring, then everything goes black, and soon I hear my name being called by a terrified-sounding Alexander.

I FIXED THE CHAPTER ITS LIKE 2% BETTER RIGHT?!?! Jsjdjdkdkdj sorry too excited.

I'll leave 👉 🥪

🚶