Chapter four

"The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it

"The harder you work for something, the greater you'll feel when you achieve it."

Valentine's pov'

An eternity of silence oppressed everyone followed by rapid blinking. 

"Erm- did I say something wwong?" Axel asked, rubbing his chin.

"Axel- just tell me how many more words like this has Eugene taught you?" I asked him climbing back down the stairs. I swear one of these days I'm going to have a heart attack hearing all these tangles of ugly words that axel has learnt!

"How did you know it was uncle Eugene who has taught me that?" Awe crept over him when he asked that.

"Because he can only be the one to teach you all these inappropriate things." Replied Mike, pursing his lips forward.

"I really have to do something about this," I said sternly and gulped down a glass of water. 

"Let's get going, I don't want to be late." I stood up and turned to leave.

"Awe you going to dwop me at the daycawe?" Axel asked, putting his shirt on which he left on the couch before.

"No, you're not going there anymore!" I replied, pressing my lips firmly together.

"What? But why?" He begged with quivering lips.

"Because I don-" before I could finish off my sentence, he ran upstairs and shut his door with a thud. 

"Because I don't wanna lose you as well." I quietly whispered to myself.

"Do you think it's right-"

"No Mike, I don't think so it's right to intervene in between me and my son." I snapped, pressing my lips tightly I walked out of my mansion and got into the car that was waiting outside.

-

I was lounging on my couch, savouring my coffee when Mike entered my office. Since the morning incident, I haven't uttered a single word because I was pissed. Pissed at everything. Nope, not at Axel though because I know it's hard for him to adapt to the environment every time I change his daycare. It's tough for him to make friends and I'm aware of that but-but I am left with no choice. 

"I've got a file for you to sign." Striding at a faster pace, he put down the file on the table glancing askance. 

It's typical for him to give me this attitude, I have been used to it because every time we would have an argument he would go on with this attitude for days until I apologised.

Exhaling loudly I sat up straight. After viewing and then approving all the contents of the file, I finally signed it. 

Mike stood in front of me with a rigid posture. It honestly irked me, he is the only genuine friend that I have and I can't-