Chapter two

"Your limitation- it's only your imagination"

Valentine's pov'

"WE'VE AGAIN LOST ANOTHER PROJECT AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU ANTHONY. TELL ME WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU UP TO THESE DAYS!" Yelled dad as soon as I sat on the chair making Axel flinch.

"You can't blame me, I never wanted to do all these. And stop yelling, I don't want you to scare Axel again." I told him calmly hoping that he would give up while rubbing Axel's back. He was sitting on my lap scribbling something on a paper. Peter was sitting on the couch looking at a magazine while Mike stood at the doorway rigidly.

"EVERYTHING WAS FINE BEFORE TELL ME WHAT HAS CHANGED!" Dad yelled again and slammed his fists on the table. Being old did nothing exceptional to his anger instead increased it.

"Daddy-" Axel tugged on my sleeves while his lips quivered. I already knew what's wrong.

"Shhh it's okay, grandpa is just grumpy today." I whispered praying that he doesn't start crying.

"ANSWER ME!" That's it! I stood up picking Axel and walked out of my office. It gets overwhelming sometimes I swear.

"STOP RIGHT THERE." He yelled again when I was just about to shut the door. I slammed the door with a loud thud and walked away towards the elevator, completely ignoring that old man. I mean who is he to boss me around? First of all I still at times doubt if he's my biological father.

"That was scawy" said Axel with a pout.

"Indeed it was, let's just go somewhere else."I said and entered the elevator.

"Hey wait up-." Mike tried to catch up with us but too bad the doors closed right at that moment and I did absolutely nothing to open it up again.

"Daddy, whewe awe we going." Axel said, clutching my chest.

"Let's go eat something to brighten up the day." I said looking down at him with a smile.

-

I walked inside an ice cream parlour along with Axel. It felt nice being left alone with my son. We took the window seat which was at the left corner.

"Excuse me sir, would you like to have your usual?" Oh shit, I must have zoned out and didn't notice that a waitress approached us.

"Axel, what do you want to have today!"I asked, poking him. He was sitting beside me, looking around.

"Bubble Gum, just like before !" He answered thoughtfully. Earlier when I asked him if he wanted to have an ice cream he plainly rejected saying he's not in the mood as grandpa is being grumpy.