Chapter six

"If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking

"If we must part forever, Give me but one kind word to think upon, And please myself with, while my heart’s breaking."

Valentine's pov~

Sitting on the patio, basking in the morning sun, sipping on a hot cup of coffee while going through some official files, is what a typical CEO would do. And sure enough, that's what I'm doing right now.

It was the day after we arrived here in Paris. Everyone was deep asleep since they were tired because of the journey. Except for Eugene. He was here with me lounging on the cushioned chair, a magazine on top of his face shielding his face from the sun rays.

We are currently ensconced in my penthouse, located on the topmost floor of the A&A International hotel. I've been here a couple of times. Although we do own many places where we could stay, this is Axel's and my favourite so far since we could see the Eiffel tower so vividly from here.

"Why are you awake at this ungodly hour?" Mike's voice squealed from the glass door, earning a look from me.

"Work."

"And what is he doing out there in the sun instead of sleeping on his bed like a decent human being? Gosh, what's wrong with you guys?!" he continued, pulling his eyebrows into a scowl while walking towards us.

"He's far from being a 'decent' human being and as for me, I'm just doing what I usually do." I rolled my eyes and tapped away on my iPad, checking emails.

"And why is he even here? Did he tell you-"

"Why are you so troubled with me being here?" Eugene interrupted and took the magazine off his face, looking straight at him.

"Because you weren't included in our plans this time so there's no way you could indulge." Mike shrugged and sat down on the chair beside Eugene.

"Oh, sorry to break it to you that Axel did include me, so yeah!" He sneered, sitting up straight.

"He was the one who told you about this, ain't it?" 

"Who else? It's not like you guys are my friends or anything-"

"The last time I checked it was you who didn't receive my calls when-"

"I told you I was busy at that moment-"

"Yeah, you were busy fucki-"

" Are you both ever gonna shut up?" I groaned, completely enraged. They sound like an old couple, always getting on each other's nerves which is pretty immutable if you ask me.