~ F O U R T E E N ~

Pendulum

Cherry.
Coke.
Cherry.
Coke.
Biggest decision of Y/n's life right now... was deciding what slushie looked like the better option today.

*Then Michael Mell and Jeremy Heere walked into the 7/11, and all calmness ran from the room screaming.*

"Y/n!" Michael smiled nonchalantly.
She turned around to glance at them, and smiled awkwardly, as a kind of greeting.

She turned back around, reaching for the lever on the cherry and dispensing it as high as it would go in her cup.

"What do you want?" She asked, turning around walking past Michael to the counter.
Jeremy immediately jumped into her place with a smile, filling his cup with every flavor.

Michael stared at Jeremy with an expression that said, I... you're useless.
He walked after her.

"I just wanted to talk you." His hands were in his front hoddie pocket, and he shrugged.
"Why?" She asked, putting a $5 on the counter and waving off the cashier.
"Keep it."

When she spun around, Michael was right behind her.
She sighed and leaned back on the counter with her arms crossed and her straw in her mouth.

"I uh..." he trailed off, losing his words as he looked down at her. Michael pushed his glasses up higher with his index finger.
"I just wanted to apologize." He smiled.

Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion.
"Why?" She asked again, sipping her drink.
Not the response he was expecting.

"Uh... abo-about yesterday. I thought, uh... I thought that was why you were mad at me."
She smirked a little bit, still squinting quizzically at him.

He noticed this, and shrugged again, fiddling with his beaded bracelets.
"I-I mean uh, you know Christine said... she said you were mad this morning too so uh... yah I guess it wasn't just, just me."

He stammered through every word uncomfortably and Y/n's face got more and more contorted with confusion as he talked.

Finally they were just standing there, staring at each other in mutual awkwardness.

"Michael?"
"Yah." He sighed, closing his eyes with embarrassment. He wasn't even quite sure what he was talking about.

"I'm not mad at you-"
"Oh thank god." He released a big breath, mumbling to himself.

"And I'm not mad at a Christine either. I have no idea what you're talking about." She had a dead smirk, void of emotion.

Michael frowned.
"Are you sure? You don't seem-"
"I'm fine."

Y/n dismissed herself from the conversation, walking past him and grabbing her skateboard from its spot beside the door.

The bell rung as she swung it open, and Michael watched her walk out.
Jeremy popped in behind him, snacking on the chips laid across his arm.

Michael glanced at him with a frown.
"Enjoying yourself?"

Jeremy's eyebrows furrowed and chips crunched in his mouth.
"What?" He asked defensively.