A Way

A beautiful sunrise. The sky is a mix of black and deep red. The sun slowly peeking from behind the irregular mountain ranges. The irregularity of the mountains making the sight even more breathtaking. The sun slowly rise up. The comforting warmth of the sunlight, making the whole experience priceless and unforgettable. Something else comes into the beautiful view. Or rather someone. Someone is standing a few feet front. His blonde hair gets a deep shade of orange in the sunrise, slightly dancing in the calming breeze. It is so hard to understand who that is, until he looks over his shoulders. And then, finally gets a chance to see his face. His face is just as happy and immensely beautiful as the sunrise. His grace was a competition for the view before him. Both the unbelievable beauties competing against each other making it impossible to chose one to concentrate. And finally he smiles... A familiar smile... Before he could turn around completely...

Astrid opens her eyes. The first thing she sees is the sun shining brightly outside the window. The room was more lit than ever, with the sun rays falling on nearly every edge of the room with all the curtains removed. The whole room looked different without the dark curtains covering.

She slowly sat up, before standing up to walk towards the huge bathroom for the second time. Just before she could open the door to the bathroom, a knock came from the front door. Astrid walks towards the door with her eyes not entirely open, to open the door.

Astrid saw a lady dressed as a maid. But, she wasn't the same made who accompanied her last time. Mary. Astrid still remembers that lady's name. After all, she was the one who told Astrid the unique meaning of her name, and how can she forget how kind the maid was.

The maid at the door was not as old as Mary. She was rather young, with a tall frame. She was smiling widely at Astrid, while her hands were holding a dress and a box.