Chemistry

\\Castiel's POV//
I walk into chem just as the bell rings. I take an empty seat in the back away from everyone and get out my books. I look up as the teacher walks into class and starts writing his name on the board. "Hello," he drawls. "My name is Marv Metatron, but you will call me Mr. Metatron, or just Metatron if you like. This year we-" He stops as the door opens and a certain green-eyed boy walks in. Oh my god.

He apologizes and quickly takes the seat next to me. "So glad you could join us Mr. Winchester. As I was saying..."

But I wasn't listening to anything Metatron had to say. Right now all I could do was stare at the boy next to me. Lucky for me he doesn't notice and I quickly tear away my gaze. He looks over at me and grins, sticking out a hand.

"Dean Winchester," he states shaking my hand. I smile sheepishly.

"Castiel Novak," I reply with a smile, butterflies in my stomach. Keep it together Castiel, I thought to myself. A guy like this is definitely, 100% straight.

\\Dean's POV//
Oh my god, those eyes. I couldn't help but stare as Cas told me his name. I wondered why I felt like this, I mean this hadn't ever happened before! I've always liked girls, I'm actually quite the ladies man. But him. He is making me question my sexuality in every way possible.

Urgh, Dean, just stop! He's straight, you're supposedly straight, everybody's happy! Right? I was fighting an inside battle and it was pissing me off. I am supposed to be the confident and cocky kid. I normally don't have problems like this.

Maybe sitting here was a mistake.

But I was here now and he seemed lonely. It couldn't hurt to be friends.

"Well, hi then Cas! Nice to meet ya!" He smiled and it gave me shivers. I was going to have to get this, whatever it was, under control.

\\Castiel's POV//
Cas... No one had ever called me that before. I kinda liked it! It was definitely better than Cassie. And the way he said it was enough to send shivers down my spine. Okay, so I definitely liked it.

I was still grinning as Metatron dismissed class. Wait... Class! I looked back at the door, books in hand. What did we do today? Oh my gosh, I hadn't listened to a word that Metatron had said.

"Hey, you okay Cas?" I hear Dean's voice on my right and I turn, surprised he was still walking with me. He gives me a funny look and I nod my head vigorously, flustered.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I mumble, pulling my books tighter to my chest and walking faster down the hallway.

"Hey! Wait up man!" I slow down as Dean runs to catch up to me. "Dude, you sure you're alright?" I nod my head again, and plaster a fake smile on my face. He grins back and I sigh internally. Truth is, I wasn't alright. I had been totally prepared for a quiet, and boring day today. I had no friends and I was absolutely positive it would stay that way. But then I met Dean, and I think we are friends but I want to more than friends! And I know he doesn't feel that way about me. It was just totally and utterly depressing.

"Well, I was thinking," Dean says, still by my side. "Do you want to hang out today after school? I've heard a few rumors that you're good with math?"

Play it cool, Castiel, play it cool... "Yes, of course Dean. Though I don't know where you heard your rumors. Everyone here thinks I'm stupid."

He looks at me, shocked. "Castiel! Are you doubting my sources?" He laughs and I realize he was just joking. I chuckle and smile at him, this time for real.

"Sweet! Come find me after school and we'll head over to my house, kay?" He grins again and I find myself smiling ear to ear.

"Okay Dean," I say, heading into AP English. He keeps walking and I frown, just a little disappointed that he isn't in this class.

\\Dean's POV//
Yeah Dean! Even though it wasn't an actual date, I was still pretty freaking excited. Sighing happily, I walk to class, humming Eye of the Tiger.

The day goes by fairly quickly and I walk to my locker, smiling so much it hurt.

"What are you so happy about Winchester?" I hear my friend Charlie and I shut my locker door, turning to look at her.

"Nothing," I smirk at her and she rolls her eyes.

"C'mon Dean! I know there's something going on. How can you not tell me?" She gives me her best puppy dog look and when I shake my head she gives me her bitchface. I grin and give in, telling her about Castiel. Not everything though, if you know what I mean.

She gasps suddenly. "Dean! You like him!" I whip my head around to glare at her.

"I do not!" I hiss, looking around us to make sure no one had heard her.

"You so totally do!" She whisper-screams. I glare at her and she deflates a bit. "Dean, you can talk to me about this! If there was anyone who understands, it's me, you know that!"

I sigh internally and look at her, giving in. You see Charlie is one of my best friends, we could be siblings. She tells me everything and naturally, I should do the same. Plus she was right. She is practically the only one I can talk to about this stuff, not because I am uncomfortable talking to everyone else, but because she likes girls.

"Okay, okay Charlie. You're right, I am-" I stop abruptly as Charlie's eyes bug out of her face. I turn around to see a blue eyed man standing behind me.

"Hello Dean," Cas says simply. My heart is pounding about ninety miles an hour and I just nod at him. Lucky for me, Charlie steps in front of me.

"So this must be Castiel! Heya, I'm Charlie!" He sticks out his hand, expecting a handshake. I laugh at his face when Charlie ignores his hand and wraps him in a hug.