Like You Can Do Anything Straight

\\Sam's POV//
"Hey, Gabe!" I whisper-shout at my friend, who is currently laying on my shoulder. "Gabe, wake up!" He bolts up, his eyes widening.

"I-I wasn't asleep," he mumbles, ruffling his hair with his fingers. "Where's Dean? Wait, where are we?"

"Shhhh," I whisper, and turn his head, pointing out the window at the boy in the leather jacket, holding a boy in a trench coat. Dean was currently carrying Cas to the car, planting kisses on his forehead every few steps. Gabe lets out a squeal and turns back to me, shaking my shoulder.

"Do you know what this means?" He whisper-shouts too. I nod furiously, still staring at my brother and Castiel longingly. I wish me and Gabe could have a relationship like that. I-I mean, in a friendship way.

I shake my head and force my eyes away from the two boys, looking at Gabe again. "They're. So. Cute," I shriek and Gabe laughs, nodding.

"Should we let them know we saw them?" He asks me, motioning at the two.

"Nah. They'll come to us when they're ready. We should just pretend we were asleep the whole time." Gabe nods in agreement and we lay back down, Gabe going right back to his spot on my shoulder. I grin and put my arm around his shoulders, seeing a light blush creep over his cheeks. Smirking, I close my eyes and slow my breathing. Not long after, I hear the creak of the Impala's doors and I hear Cas mutter a thank you to Dean. I try to fight the grin that was taking over my face, but then realize it's impossible. So I fake a sleepy look and open my eyes slowly, nudging Gabe to do the same. Thankfully, he understands.

"C-Cassie?" He half yells. "Thank god you're okay!" He leaps across me and gives his brother a hug, just as Dean comes around the other side of the car and gets in the driver's seat.

"Hey Gabe," Castiel says softly, hugging him back. But I notice that Cas's eyes linger on my brother, a faint smile playing on his lips. Dean winks and Cas blushes, pulling away from Gabe and faking a cough. I raise my eyebrows at Dean, and he pretends like he doesn't know what I'm on about. I roll my eyes and clear my throat, trying to loosen the tension.

"Glad to know you're safe, Cas," I announce, attracting everyones attention. Cas nods his thanks and Dean smiles at me, turning back around to start the car.

"Sam, can you call home and see if Bobby's there? I don't want to burst in there and catch him off guard with Cas's wounds," Dean asks me over his shoulder. I nod and pull out my phone, dialing the number '2'. I had Bobby's number on speed dial.

"Sam?" He answers fairly quick, considering I didn't even think he'd be home. "Where are you? Is everything okay?" I chuckle at his caring voice and nod my head before remembering that he couldn't see me.

"Yeah, everything's okay now. Cas had gone missing and Dean took me and Castiel's brother, Gabe, to look for him. I figured you were on a hunt. Sorry." Bobby grunts through the phone.

"S'all right Sam, just glad to know you're fine." He pauses before questioning, "So you found him then? Cas?"

"Yes, we found him. But he got in an accident and could use a place to stay while Dean fixes him up. We told his sister that he was sleeping over at Dean's, so we didn't want to send him home all broken, y'know?"

"Sure, I'll get the supplies ready. Tell him to hang in there," Bobby says, hanging up the phone.

"Bye, Bobby," I say anyway, shutting off my phone and slipping it back into my pocket. Dean looks back at me, a worried look on his face. I give him a reassuring nod and he grins, reaching over to grab Cas's hand, before dropping it with a nervous look shot back at me and Gabe. I nudge Gabe's shoulder, but he's already smirking at me, eyebrows raised at the two love birds. Dean takes no notice of us, facing the road and driving off into the morning light.

***

Gabe falls asleep on my shoulder again on the way back home, his chest rising and falling with every breath. I can feel a light blush creeping across my face, and my hands itch to run my fingers through his hair. I move them closer to his head, but pull back quickly. I sigh, laying them by my sides gently, trying not to wake the golden-haired boy. Cas is snoring in the front seat and I can hear Dean faintly humming to Metallica. Suddenly I'm hit with a wave of sleep and my eyelids droop, finally allowing me to doze off next to Gabe.

\\Gabe's POV//
I yearned for Sam's careful touch, and held my breath as I felt his hand tickle my hair. A smile twitched at the corners of my mouth, but slowly fell when I realized that Sam put his hands back down. My head was resting on his shoulder, and I was feeling pretty happy with myself. I had made him think that I was asleep. After all, who would want to move a sleeping kid off their shoulder? So I sat, content next to Sam, my heart beating a little faster than normal. I couldn't help but wish that we had a relationship like Dean and Cassie now had. Although, it had taken them ages to realize their feelings... Idiots. I could spot it from a mile away. Dean was gay for my brother, and likewise for Castiel. But if Anna ever found out, Cas would get hell. Literally.

And if she ever found out that I was gay too...

I shake off the depressing thoughts and allow myself to open my eyes a crack. Sam's even breathing showed that he was asleep. Trying not to move too much, I turn my head to look up at him. His shaggy moose hair hangs around his face, and his mouth is open in a small 'o'. I have a sudden urge to reach up and pull him into a kiss, but then I remember that that would be really... Awkward. And he'd probably punch me. Sam doesn't like being startled awake (not that I'd know...)

I close my eyes again, and turn my head to where it was originally. I snuggle into Sam's body, enjoying his warmth and husky scent. Taking a deep breath, I fall into a peaceful sleep.

***

We arrive at Sam and Dean's not long after I fell asleep on Sam, the slam of the car door startling me and moose awake. I look over fondly at him and smirk. "Mornin' sleepy head." He gives me a small, shy smile and I ruffle his already-messy hair.

"Hey," he whispers sleepily, stepping out of the car. My body tingles at his low voice and I race to quell my beating heart. Jesus, he's hot.

But a yelp from my brother gets my mind out of the gutter, and I race over to find Dean already by his side. With a look from me, he backs up a little but Cas grabs his hand and pulls him back. Dean looks at my brother, who is standing delicately on the front stoop of Dean's home. His arm is wrapped around Dean's shoulder and the older Winchester is supporting him. I give Dean a thankful smile and slip under Castiel's other arm, helping him into the house.

"Bobby!" Dean shouts out, and he comes around the corner, holding a first aid kit. When he spots my brother's slightly broken form, he looks at Dean. "Bring him into the kitchen. We'll fix him up, but it might hurt at little." With this, he looks Cas up and down. He nods, moving off to prep the kitchen for Cas. Dean looks over at me and nods to Sam behind me.

"Can you two go help him?" Dean asks, pointing to where Bobby disappeared to. I look back at Sam and nod, letting go of my brother and walking away with him.

\\Dean's POV//
"How you feeling Cas?" I ask the blue eyed man, spinning him to hold both of his hands in mine.

"Oh you know, I'm just great," he sasses me, then his face falls and he looks up at me. "I'm sorry, that was rude. I'm just a little tired."

I chuckle and squeeze his hands. "It's okay, Cas. I understand. It's all the blood loss. We'll fix you up, I promise." He smiles at me, and I can see the gratitude shining in his eyes.

"Stay with me while it happens?" He asks me, as if he doesn't already know my answer.

"Definitely. Nothing, ever, could take me away from you right now," I pull him into a gentle kiss and when we break apart, into a hug. He buries his head into my neck and I run my fingers through his soft black hair. I kiss the top of his head and he leans against me. We stay like this for a long time, and if I had the choice, I would stay like that forever. But his wounds need tending to, and Bobby is calling from the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah! We're coming straight there," I yell, making Cas flinch.

"Like you can do anything straight," I hear one of the boys whisper and I have the urge to laugh and yell at the same time. So instead I roll my eyes and ignore it, hugging Cas one more time.