Wait... JAMES!

"Oh my God, James! What did you do to him? Where is he? Is he okay? Arosio, I swear if you did anything to James--" in the heat of the moment I had unconsciously gripped the collar of Arosio's black dress shirt and shook him back and forth as I continued to yell at him when he remained silent and didn't answer my questions. 

"Ha...ha...ha..." Arosio suddenly began to laugh but it wasn't a humorous laugh, it was a terrifying laugh that sent chills down my spine. Within seconds, he held onto my two hands that were still on his shirt collar and yanked my body flush against his. 

"Even now, as I confront you for your betrayal, your only thoughts are on him. Tell me, did you love him? Is that why you left me? DIMMI DANNAZIONE, KATERINA," Arosio questioned in a fury as his grip around my wrists tightened and I gasped in shock before repeatedly shaking my head. (TELL ME, DAMMIT KATERINA) 

"No... it's not like that, I swear! James is one of my best friends, his wife and daughter were there too. Arosio, tell me what happened, what did you do to James? Did you ki...did you...Arosio, please tell me you didn't kill..." I trembled off in fear and tried to take my wrists away from him but he only pulled me even closer to his body and pressed his forehead against mine. 

"Guardami negli occhi e dimmi che credi davvero che farei del male a chiunque ti interessi, Katerina," Arosio stated earnestly as he gazed into my eyes as if searching for something deeper. (Look into my eyes and tell me that you truly believe I would hurt anyone you care for, Katerina,)

I continued to stare into his dark eyes that my heart has yearned to see for the past three months. Deep down, I know that Arosio would never do anything that I don't like, he was always a devoted and loving husband to me. 

But I also know that my actions from three months ago must have hurt him and caused a huge scar in his heart. His anger might have pushed him to do something he might regret. 

A few moments passed in complete silence as I wanted to scream no and tell him that I believe he would never harm my loved ones but the words simply refused to leave my lips. 

Arosio's dark eyes flashed with a mixture of shock and pain at my lack of response but it was gone almost as quickly as I saw it. He suddenly dropped my hands and took his phone out to make a call while I used that as my chance to sit up properly and covered my bump with the duvet blanket. 

With the phone pressed against his ear, Arosio's gaze remained on me as he watched me cover my bump with the duvet and shiver slightly from the cold air seeping in through the open window. He immediately walked across the bedroom and shut the window close before returning to my side. 

"Cosa c'è, Aro??" Giovanni's familiar voice suddenly pierced through the room as Arosio held his phone towards me and I could make out Giovanni's distinct features. (What is it, Aro?)

He seemed to have grown a beard in the months I was gone and I wanted to tease him about it but stopped myself when he looked at me in shock with a clear expression of betrayal on his face through the FaceTime call. 

"Mostra a mia moglie quel bastardo, Gio. ADESSO," Arosio ordered coldly when Giovanni hesitated, all the while his hard gaze remained on me as he stood beside the bed. (Show my wife that bastard, Gio. NOW,)

"Sì, eccolo qui. The doctor said he will be fine, the bullet only grazed his shoulder and the second bullet didn't even touch him so he's fine. Don't worry, princi-- Katerina,"  Giovanni directed the last bit at me and I sighed in relief at the news of James being safe and could see him resting on a hospital bed. (Yes, he is here)