Chapter 27

Katerina De Luca

Beautiful rays of sunshine caressed the side of my face before I felt the comfortable bed dip and his addicting scent filled my every sense. A smile quickly made its way onto my face as my eyes stubbornly remained shut even after he kissed every part of my flushed face.

"Buongiorno Mrs. Katerina De Luca, il mio tesoro," Arosio whispered huskily into my ears as I giggled softly and shivered slightly from the droplets of water falling from his hair onto my skin. He must have showered and gotten dressed early today, usually he wakes up much earlier around 5 am but stays in bed with me until I wake up around 7 am. (Good morning)

"Let me see those beautiful green eyes of yours. You know I can't start my day without doing so, cucciola," Arosio whispered into my ear with his hot minty breath fanning my cheeks, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. After a suspenseful pause, I finally opened my eyes and smiled towards him with a bright face. (puppy)

"Bellissima, I love you so much," Arosio whispered with a breathtaking smile on his handsome face before lowering his lips onto my exposed neck with feathery kisses. I could never get used to seeing his smiles, they were a rarity that I noticed were reserved only for Elijah and I most of the time. With other people, Arosio tended to maintain a cold, stoic expression with a hostile voice. (Beautiful)

It's been a month since I decided to give Arosio a chance and became his wife. Arosio has treated me like a princess every single day since. From the moment he carried me over the threshold of his personal mansion and announced in front of all the staff members that I am his wife, Elijah's mother and the mistress of this household, I have been able to live peacefully in our home and adjust well to my new life.

Arosio takes great care of me and let's me manage everything in our home from the financial aspects to Elijah's upbringing and many other things. Little Elijah has accepted me as his mother and we spend most of the day together since he is only going to attend preschool next year. I wish I could slow down time and spend as many days possible with Elijah now before school takes up his time.

The De Luca family also welcomed me warmly and treat me more like a daughter than a daughter-in-law. We spend every weekend at the De Luca childhood mansion and it has become a favorite part of my week. The De Luca family even refrains from talking about their Mafia business at the dinner table like they used to do, I think Arosio might have told them not to since it completely terrifies me. Today is actually Friday and we should be heading over there soon for a late brunch.

"Hmm, I love you too. Now let go of me, I need to get dressed and wake up Elijah. I don't want us to be late again like last week," I attempted to push Arosio off of me as he continued to trail kisses down my neck.

"Arosio...stop..." with bright cheeks, a small moan escaped my trembling lips as Arosio expertly found my sweet spot and sucked on it harshly. We both knew very well that I didn't want him to stop though.

"I wonder why we were late last weekend, I can't seem to remember. Care to refresh my memory, tesoro?" Arosio whispered huskily before pulling me into his arms and carrying me off our king sized bed in one swift motion. Curse this man and his brute strength!

My arms instantly wrapped around his neck for support before I met his darkened gaze. I was no longer afraid of those dark eyes since I have only ever seen them burn with love and protectiveness for Elijah and I. Even when we are around his whole family, I always find myself searching the room for his dark intense gaze that is always fixated on me and makes me feel the safest I've ever felt in my whole life.

"Can't remember? Neither do I actually, which is understandable since it wasn't really a satisfying experience..." the teasing words left my lips as I bit back a laugh when Arosio narrowed his eyes at me with his brow lifted into a perfect arc. Even he knew that I was blatantly lying, the proof is in the endless moans of pleasure I released throughout that morning.