They Who Shall Not Be Named: Villains and Antagonists

​​Villains and antagonists are the characters with the least amount of depth. They're bad gals and guys who are selfish, violent, manipulative, you name it. So these characters must get beat in the end.

​​For the bad girls, beauty is the key. They must be supermodels and... blonde. Is there something inhumane about blondes or what? Not sure why they're always the villains in these stories.​​

​​For the bad guys, the abusers who aren't romanticized, they can be anything you'd like, since that's the case for a lot of fiction: guys can be anything a heart desires. (Oh wait, that applies to real life, too).

Author's Note: You may have noticed how much shorter the Besties and Antagonists chapters are in contrast with the two leads. This is directly proportional to the amount of time you'll spend developing them and the amount of time they appear in your books. They're like props on a set. No need to cultivate these characters. You should spend much more time focusing on much more crucial elements to your book, which is coming up in the next part of Writing Cliché.

Next up: Part III- Looking the Part: On Cliché Writing Style 

It's crucial you read this first chapter of Part III closely or else you've already written something too unique and you don't want that. Let's get into it.