Chapter (8)

Chapter 8

"Captain. The miracle Box!" Stanley yelled out towards the ship's captain but he had three men on him. He was moving so swiftly on the pirates as if he did this every day. 

This is when Daiki, the ship's chef rushed out of the kitchen area after seeing the captain under attack on the ship's helm! However, what could he do really, because he rushed out in total confusion while holding a spoon and a knife in the other hand?

The captain had three pirates on him. Two pirate on either side of the ship saw him while they were rushing towards the helm and stopped on him. He saw the and at once turned back on his heels into the kitchen. He was fat and stout but light for his weight.

Immediately, he got inside and thrust the door back on its hinges catching one of the pirate's hands between there!

He did so just in time to shut the door on them and leaning back on it. Nevertheless, the other side of the kitchen was open facing the rest of the deck and the moment he turned his back to that of the helm, others rushed in from the other side. He picked up a red-hot pan he had not filled with cooking oil or anything and swiped it at them. A bullet hit the pan and stuck in it. He looked at it in surprise. They all paused and when they did he slapped one with it. And the other with the knife into his belly!

Now the wall above the cooking area was overhung with some a deep red curtain. He parted the curtains to reveal a collection of knives hanging from many hooks...

And when other pirates poured in through the entrance in the direction of the main deck, he started thrusting the blade at them causing a little pile at the centre of the doorway!

He swept the rest of the knives into his apron pocket and hurries out on deck driving some into the bellies of those rushing towards him underestimating him.

Next, he saw why the fight on deck was crowded and tense! More pirates were climbing on over the side of the ship unattended to. He turned and started thrusting the knives in both directions, hitting pirates accurately in their faces before even their shoulders could appear over the side of the deck.

His technique dominated the deck with flying blades while a few of his crewmates backs this way! Below deck, the captain in charge of the canon gunmen, waited for the signal they had told him would come immediately the miracle box went out.

The cannon gunmen were already confused. Impatience filled everyone's face and above deck, they could hear unceasing struggle!

All the same, they tried to hold their positions in response to his unceasing commands! The other problem is that they chocked from the smoke because parts of the ship were still burning and smoke filled the lower deck.

The captain rushed back and forth avoiding the smoke. He had his spyglass and in every spot, he raised it to scan the fog ahead! However, it was not long when he spotted the pirates ship drifting towards the helm in a distance of around 200 yards.

Until now, the signal hadn't come yet! He had spotted the pirate ship. It would drift out of sight in a few seconds but he wasn't to shoot yet until the miracle box was shot out. His patience turned to worry. When he couldn't hear the signal as he had been told would come, he made up his minds and made a blind order.

"Men?"

"Aye Capt- Chook.

"Fire!"

But when they fired, they lost so much cannon guns just when the ship started to fade into another shade fog. The canons seemed to face into some sort of nothingness where the ship seemed to fade! They were shocked and he made another order to prepare the cannons for a second round.