Chapter (5)

Chapter 5

Somewhere along the ghostly Indian Ocean a snake-like fog pass trailed miles around the continent. And stretching miles towards the East African coast and an evil and dark gray dorm sky claimed the moment. The tides rose and fell every moment as though they took the breath of ages. There was no sign of life in these parts of the fog! Not a single bird of the air or a fish of the sea flew or swam this far. 
Time no longer meant a thing here, and the winds clearly had no direction. Nevertheless, at this juncture, the darkness of the tides and beyond was enough to make you and anyone else believe the old tales. They claimed that this change over the waters came about due to the banishment of the ancient god and imprisonment a thousand league under the great sea and as far away from the borders of any realm! However, these had become child bedtime stories after a very long time. The grownups, no longer believed such stuff until the few on board this voyage today.

It is like they were truly present and raging to break free from the dark. The pride of every pure man on board wavered like a candle in the storm, hearts beat and many froze from blinking.

A killer bolt of lightning sliced across the sky seemingly tearing the pale grey sky and the fog apart, touching the surface of the waters a few hundred yards away as far down into the dark throat of the sea while lighting it up so clear the whole way through but merely for just a second. There was rumbling after.
Then slowly, it began to rain down something that ceased the raging of the seas in a few second as is if the rain had come to quench the thirsty of the ancient god of the might waters.

Several kilometers away into the continental fog pass, a ghostly grey ship sailed around so quietly and almost as invisible from Capt. Horrace's spy glass. Its sides were made up systems designed by the Black Project itself and all were joined up by strange bones which seemed to dismantle shape shift to make the ship appear as low level as possible when an attack would happen. There was a mix of alchemy and magic about its movement because those that ran its engines were Black Project Prisoners many had grown to forget. They were chained and unable to escape. They were fed and powered by alchemy and a strange dust MOTH used in the past and referred to as the '-ghost' breath'.
The sailors were pirate but they got their commands from a young 21-year-old folk who also seemed to report to someone of greater rank!
All the same, it was difficult for Captain Horace to discern that the waters on which Holtem ship sailed were misguiding his beloved ship and its whole crew beyond the surviving point. It was not as powerful as any Black Project ship and from experience, the Pirates grey ship that normally sailed the unsafe tide beyond used MOTHs forbidden sailing power or technique.
His next order was to turn back from the fog. This was as far as he could take his ship. It was a 1720s' Walsh royal model which the queen mother of Wales had given Lord Cobham the day he said fair well on a special private voyage some years ago. The designs had been improved and this was the last of its kind. And a souvenir to him from a famous man he called best friend! And this wasn't the day his friend would have dared to drown it. No this day!
He sailed with its sails hanging almost invisibly but also high in the masts, he had eyes. Pickles was watching through another larger spyglass. Designed for longer distances.
Truth is that, the Black Project has hunted for the grand pirate of the Indian Ocean but failed on a hundred attempts. But not long ago did one of the members suggest there was a way they could lure him into the net. But also, it required the best of the Black Project's sea Patrol captain to handle this mission. But many had been lost at sea on the same missions while others just disappeared without trace.
There were no more good captains and this is when a completion was held with a fake promise to the winner. However the winner would be selected to represent them on this mission. A young man known as Stanley and a son to one of the members of the council came out winner and so selected assistant captain on a ship that wasn't of the Black Project. And his mission was named.

They had practiced something over the years they have lost their agent and ships. And they had learned something. And so this time, their choice agent Stanley also the youngest they had ever sent out on such a mission was given a small box known as "the winter box-" and he was told how and when to use it. But this would be their only last chance if used well.
He was given a strange sea campass and was instructed to follow its measures before he dropped the Box down onto the water.
Something you may need to know is, Stanley is the 16th agent over the few nine months the B.P has used secret captains as captains of their anti-piracy patrol in this operation. The major ship is normally one but always escorted by two other B.P ships to ensure the safe delivery of whatever they carried on board. But many of these asset have been lost to the sea pirates making them stronger and popular.
However, the continental fog pass remains a mystery remains an unsolved equation to humanity. Even Lord Cobham who was nick named as the 'Last wanderer' or 'Master of the deep' never discovered the true secret behind the existence of this continental fog pass.
However, one thing you must know is that the deeper one sailed, the more one lost your direction. It's a three kilometers wide-wide fog pass which center thickened with the change of seasons.
It was like a snake that surrounded all continents changing density and sometimes almost fading to nothing and reappearing over the nights. Men had found its advantage to travel and hence studied its changes and the differences in the safety of depth. Then learned how to use its existence! MOTH designed the compasses in the past but Yakunko invaders and other Nobles of Wales for their own use robbed them. With time, they were duplicated enabling so many to travel the fog pass at the right time and within the right depth safely.
It normally bent around islands that it found in its way but there was only one island over which it rose and hovered. This island is located off the shores of Winchester. But it was declared out of bounds some years ago and the reasons weren't given. However, it gained a strange name many feared because many who dared trespass there never returned. More about that island will be told later; otherwise we need to stay on track here.