Chapter Thirty Two

"Of course there are no more dress robes in flourish and blotts." You sighed, reading a letter aloud to Hermione, Ron and Harry in the common room.
"Sorry Y/n, I should've bought you one when I was there." Hermione said.
"I'm not letting you waste galleons on me, Hermione. I don't think I have to dress up too much anyways, I'm going with Mclaggen after all.
"Cormac Mclaggen?!" Ron spat.
"Why would you ever go with a git like that?" Harry said in an annoyed voice.
"It was him or Malfoy, plus, he wouldn't leave me alone." You said, rolling your eyes with a 'I-know-I-hate-him-too' look.
"Tell me if he does anything to you." Ron said firmly.
"Yeah, yeah." You laughed.
"I think I'm going to go to eat breakfast." You said, heading towards the common room door. The others waved at you and you made your way over.

You hummed as you at down on one of the benches, the Christmas spirit lingering in the air. You decided to eat some sausages and eggs this particular day, and piled them on to your plate. You started to eat them while reading your morning issue of the daily prophet. You were focused until you looked up to see Cormac strutting in the hall. Your eyes widened and you shovelled the rest of the food in your mouth in desperate attempt to avoid conversation with him, when a package was dropped before you. You raised an eyebrow suspiciously and looked at it. You rarely received mail, and if you did, it was normally advertising from Rita Skeeter. You picked up the package carefully, you were cautious in the possibility that it was some sort of hexed object. You looked up and scanned the hall to see if anybody was looking at you suspiciously. You'd seen most of the room until your eyes met with Malfoy's, for the millionth time. You narrowed your eyebrows. If this was a prank package, you'd know who the sender was. Not wanting to open it in front of half of the school, you picked up the package and marched straight out of the hall, right past Mclaggen.

"Hermione! Come check this out, I just got a package." You said, grinning and calling her over.
"Let's open it in your dorm, I don't want Mclaggen to see." You said. She nodded and you both made your way over to your sleeping quarters.
"I wonder what it is." Hermione said excitedly. You cast a revealing charm to attempt to take away any hexes or curses on or inside the package. Then you slowly opened it, your eyes opened wide in absolute shock. You gasped and so did Hermione. You scanned the package and there was no note, no identified sender of this gift. Before you, was a dress. Not just any dress. It was one of the most beautiful dresses you'd ever seen.
"Holy Merlin, you're going to look amazing." Hermione squealed, squeezing your arm. You were still shocked and couldn't believe your eyes. You stared at the dress and pinned it up to a random mannequin that was in the room.

(Dress from Shiny Party)

"Oh my goodness." Hermione gasped.
"You're going to be the prettiest girl there." Hermione said, squealing and wiggling her eyebrows.
"No Hermione, you will. Your glow up will be the best that anyone has ever seen in centuries and there is nothing that you can say to change my mind." You deadpanned. Hermione grinned and hugged you again, and you both squealed like you'd just seen a little puppy. You still wondered who this mystery sender was. Part of you considered Malfoy, as the dress looked very expensive and he was staring at you this morning, however the cons weighed out the pros; Malfoy hated you, he didn't ever spend money on others if it wouldn't somehow benefit him, and he would have no reason to send you a dress like this. You smiled a little and imagined someone going through all that trouble just for you to feel beautiful.

You pinned a small butterfly beret into your well-manicured hair and walked slowly to your dress. It was the day of the yule ball, and it would commence in a mere half hour. You took a deep breath and stepped into the beautiful gown. The fibres were fully silk, giving in a very comfortable wear. The dress seemed to be enchanted because as soon as you put it on, it adjusted to your body type. You gasped at the perfectly fitted dress and did a slow twirl. The dress seemed to shimmer by its self. You slid on your matching shoes and grabbed a bag to bring with you. You saw Hermione and gasped.
"Oh my Merlin, Hermione, you look absolutely amazing." You screamed, jumping up with joy. "So do you!" She said, looking you up and down, with pure amazement in her eyes.
"Cormac does not deserve anything as good as this." Hermione said, rolling her eyes and grinning. You chuckled. You were to meet up with some of the other girls, like Ginny and Luna. You saw Ginny at the bottom of the common room stairs, looking effortlessly gorgeous as always.
"You look beautiful Ginny!" You squealed. Ginny laughed.
"Oh this old thing? It'll do I guess." She said, waving her hand in denial. You laughed and the three of you headed off towards the Ravenclaw dorm room, when Luna Lovegood appeared around the corner.
"Luna!" You squealed. She looked quite beautiful in her quirky dress. She thanked you and you all made your way to the great hall, chatting excitedly.