Chapter Thirty One

You walked to the lunch hall, and it was if a giant horse was heaved off of your chest. You were paying attention until Harry and Ron started badmouthing Malfoy, and that they were glad that he had gone away for a month.
"Honestly, I don't know who's a bigger git, Parkinson or Malfoy. I had to sit next to the bird for a whole week in potions. It was horrible." Ron grimaced. You half enthusiastically laughed and randomly scanned the dining room. You didn't know who you were looking for, but you knew that your mind was trying to catch eye of a particular face, which you didn't know who of. You arrived at the table and saw Neville talking to Dean and Seamus.
"Wotcher." You said, sitting down next to Neville and grinning.
"Y/n! Happy Christmas!" Dean called, and patted you on the back.
You all started babbling and eating your tradition English breakfast, in light of Christmas.
"Hiya Y/n! 'Appy Christmas!" You heard a familiar voice call. You turned around and saw the giant beast that is Hagrid, looking across from the staff table.
"Hagrid! Happy christmas!" You called back, waving.
You turned back to the table and continued talking until you saw in the corner of your eye, a streak of bleach blonde hair. You saw a disgruntled looking Malfoy, the parasite that is Pansy Parkinson clinging on his arm.

(Not my art

(Not my art.)

You linked eyes with him and you felt a small spark light in your heart. You looked away quickly and told yourself off. As much as you liked him, your attraction to him had narrowed down to only his looks. He had a vile personality, and you didn't want to mix with him or his crowd. Sighing, you focused on your hash browns, not really feeling in the Christmas spirit anymore.
"What's wrong Y/n?" Seamus asked you.
"Your face." You said, grinning. Dean, Ron and Harry roared with laughter and Neville chuckled, while Hermione giggled.
"Bloody hell, Y/n." Seamus scowled. You grinned in response and turned to Hermione.
"So, what's happening with the tri-wizard tournament?" You asked, biting into a piece of your bacon.
"Well, they're holding the yule ball on New Years instead of yesterday and-"
"-Yule ball?"
"Oh, yeah. I'm going with , don't tell Ron, Viktor Krum."
"THE Victor Krum?" You squealed.
Hermione blushed a little.
"Yeah.. we have to get you a date and a dress though. I'm sure if you were here yesterday, Ron and Harry would be fighting to have you as a partner, since we were their last resort." Hermione said, rolling her eyes.
"So who're they going with?"
"The Patil twins."
"Gosh, there are going to be no guys left." You groaned.
"What about Cedric?" Hermione said, tapping her chin.
"WHAT"
"I don't know, you both were off until today. I'd say to shoot your shot." Hermione said, giving you a shoulder dance. You went bright pink and nodded shyly.
"Blimey, Y/n looks brighter then Seamus's future." Dean said snakily. You would have laughed, but you were embarrassed at that moment. So you stuck your tongue out, immaturely, and went to go find Cedric.

You breathed in and out, your breaths coming out harsh and raspy. Your heart was pounding and your mind was plagued with all of the possible negative outcomes. You turned a corner and heard voices, so you decided to go and have a look. You peered around the corner and saw Cho Chang and Cedric Diggory talking.
"I didn't accept anyone else's invitations to the dance because I only wanted to go with you." You heard Cho say.
"Well, I'm a lucky guy, aren't I." Cedric chuckled.
"Would you like to go to the dance with me Ced?" Chi whispered.
"Of course I would."
You stared in horror. You played hard-to-get and now you were alone. You turned on your heel and skidded out of there.

I'm so dramatic, it's just a dance.

You sniffed and went to go lay out your presents under the Christmas, since you needed something to do. You were passing the great hall when you heard your name being called. You turned around to see Cormac Mclaggen.

"Hello

"Hello." You said politely.
"Hello, may  I have the honor of taking you to the dance?" He said, mockingly bowing.
"We've talked like once, where did this come from?" You said, raising your eyebrow.
"Let's just say, you've been hard not to notice, especially you coming back from your trip looking like a sight for sore eyes." He said, smirking.
"No, you nonce." You said laughing.
"It's me or Malfoy." He deadpanned. You grimaced.
"Fine." You said reluctantly.
You walked over to the common rooms. You realised he was following you.
"What do you want?" You mumbled.
"You, but, I am a Gryffindor too, you know." He said.
"This is harassment." You muttered. You sprinted to the painting of the fat lady and slammed the portrait in his face, then to your dormitories and grabbed your presents, you grabbed them, threw them under the large Tree in the common room and hurried off into Harry and Ron's dorm. That would be the last place that creep would go. Locking the door, you sighed and slid on to the floor.
"After this stupid ball, I'm filing a restraining order." You mumbled to yourself.

❣︎ 𝑇𝑤𝑜 𝑂𝑓 𝑎 𝐾𝑖𝑛𝑑 ❣︎ 𝐷𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑜 𝑜𝑟 𝐶𝑒𝑑𝑟𝑖𝑐 𝑥 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 ❣︎On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara