Chapter Twelve

"Wow! You're really good at hunting y/n!" Cedric exclaimed as you emptied your large sack full of the dead animals. You blushed and thanked him. You'd just gotten back from hunting and everyone was emptying out their food stock on to the Hogwarts' kitchen counters.  You pointed your wand to your meat pile. "Engorgio" you chanted. The animals were now back to their normal size and almost falling off the large counters. "I'm guessing y/n won the bet then." Cedric said, while leaning against a wall and crossing his arms. He glanced at you but when he saw you were already looking at him, he looked quickly away. You blushed again. Luna turned to Draco. "I'd suggest that you make some duck that Cedric caught, as I think it would be unnecessary for you to use any of my food pile. I only caught ferrets and I'm afraid it would be cannibalism if you ate one of those." You and Cedric chuckled and Draco's bottom lip curled. "Very funny Lovegood." He said sarcastically while narrowing his eyes at her. "Oh, I know that it is." She said dreamily, her eyes popping. She suddenly bursted into to fits of shrieking laughter. Draco gave a wary glance at her then turned to face you and Cedric. "Diggory, l/n, Lovegood, get out of my kitchen, I need peace to perform to my best efforts." Malfoy snarled. You all left the room. "I'm going to go to the library with Luna to see if I can figure out this whole thing, I'll see you later." Cedric said, smiling. He then followed Luna to the library. You were now alone. You sighed. What were you going to do? You turned back to the kitchen. Maybe you could spy on Draco cooking? It was better to know how bad the food was going to be before hand.

Silently, you opened the door and sneaked into the kitchen and a beautiful smell filled your nose. The sweet scent of honey roast duck in the oven made your mouth water. You gasped and saw Draco, in his black suit with a complimentary, white apron that suited him so well. His hair was messed up a little bit and he looked so focused on his cooking, chopping vegetables with such skill. "Holy mother of Merlin-" you uttered, then quickly slapped a hand over your mouth. He heard you and turned round. "Stalking me now are you?" He said, while smirking. You snapped out of it. "It's a mudblood thing." You said, grinning. "Ha ha ha." Malfoy said sarcastically, but with a smile. "You're going to have to teach me all about muggles when we get married, mudblood."

Bloody hell.

"Not in a million years. My husband that I will marry, when I am at least 25 will not make terrible pickup lines." You teased, with a giant smirk on your face. He pouted, then turned back to his food. "Why aren't you with the others?" He asked, while dicing an onion. You groaned and walked up next to him. "They went to the library to try and solve this mystery." You muttered. "Hey, do you need any help?" You asked him. He looked at you and smirked. "I don't need any help, but I guess I could see if you can beat my cooking skills." "Oh, I highly doubt that Malfoy, my cooking skills are not that good." You sighed and then smiled weakly. "I'll just go read something I guess." You said and started to walk out of the room. "I'll see you in a couple of hours." You said, giving him a little wave. He looked back  at you and gave a wary smile and waved back at you.