Chapter Twenty Four

(Warning, contains bad language)

You stared at the hat in shock, waiting for the information to sink in. You finally understood, after all this time, finally. You had to go tell the others. You sprinted out of the door and hobbled like a ghoul around the long, eerie corridors. Your thoughts spread across your mind like wildfire.

What are the others going to think?
Is this really the answer?
How are we going to get out?
We have to be friends-

You stopped. If you all had to be friends, it couldn't be forced. You knew there was no way in Merlin, Malfoy would ever become friends with Cedric if he got asked to. You had to find their interests, their hobbies, their likes and dislikes, but considering you already knew most things about Draco, it sounded a little less impossible . If Malfoy found out, it would be the beginning of a second wizard war. He'd stand up for himself out of pride and deny any of your allegations. You chuckled bitterly and knew you were about to do a lot of bloody work.

☠︎︎

"Hey Draco." you said, cheerfully, catching Malfoy up that night. "Hey, can you guess what we're exploring tonight?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Draco stop flirting or I'm going to transfigure you into a ferret." You deadpanned. Draco pretended to half faint but actually ended up falling on the floor. You burst out laughing, wheezing and joining him on the floor. You both laughed so hard that you were cackling. After about five minutes, You finally calmed down and walked to your surprise location.

"Here we are!" Malfoy exclaimed, pointing at Dumbledore's office. You panicked, knowing that you couldn't let Draco hear what the hat had to say. You couldn't think of what to do, so you decided to go for the worst. Biting your tongue in embarrassment, you spoke. "D-Draco, please! That office it- it scares me!" You fake squealed, grabbing on to his arm. You looked up to see Draco's face. His face was chiseled with annoyance, then he smirked. "You sounded like Parkinson just there. Anyways, I know you like the back of my hand. You aren't afraid of anything except for male interaction and chocolate frogs. He said, looking you dead in the eyes. You let go of him and sighed, muttering something about chocolate frogs being freaky. "Now what is the actual reason of not wanting to go in that room." He asked, leaning down so you were at eye level. You stuttered. "I- we, you- erm, friends, uh- hat- NO!- er- thestrals?- um paintings? I erm, I'm scared of the uh- the paintings?" You babbled mindlessly, wincing at your idiotic response. Draco smirked. "Not buying it, come on now." He said, gesturing to the office. You shook your head stubbornly then returned his smirk. "You don't know the password, you minger." You said, folding your arms triumphantly. Draco looked at you. "Hogwarts." He said without taking his eyes off of you and smirking so much that he looked like a horse.

He pulled you in while you muttered darkly. "Bloody cheat, swot, minger, cocky, prat, dickhead-" "Mine is longer then my head all right." He butted in, winking. You went bright red had a brief moment where you imagined Draco-. You smacked yourself and scowled at him. "Can't get me out of your head, I see." He whispered, pulling you up the stairs. "Yeah, I cant get the image of you having genitals the size of a prawn." You snapped back. "Hey, why don't we just check out something else?" You attempted for the millionth time. "You just insulted my sausage, we're not going anywhere." He deadpanned.

You walked into the office, only a door separating you from the hat. You took a deep breath. "Draco- wait." You whimpered. Draco looked at you as if he was thinking about not going in there, then he grinned and yanked open the door and just as you'd imagined, the hat sung it's song.

-

Draco's grin darkened and became nothing as he processed the information. He looked down at you, his pale faced etched with annoyance. "Why didn't you tell me." He growled, his voice shaking with anger. "Because of you." You said. He narrowed his eyebrows, his jaw clenched, exaggerating his jawline. He looked terrifyingly hot. "Pardon?" He growled. "You wouldn't ever become friends with Cedric if you were forced to, it's not that big of a deal, I just wanted to sort this out." You said, narrowing your eyebrows. "So you think we're worthless piece of clay that you can mould?" He snarled. "Excuse me?" You sneered. "'We?!' Malfoy, you would let Crabbe burn in flames if it would save your life." You shot back. Draco's fists clenched. "Stop avoiding my question, mudblood." He said, pinning you to the wall.

You'd always dreamed about being pinned to the wall in a love embrace, this was the opposite of what you wanted it to be. You quivered but stood your ground. "You are the most arrogant hypocrite I've ever met, Malfoy!" You yelled, eyes brimming with tears. "You think, that I think, that you're worthless manipulating material?! Malfoy that is actually what you think!" Draco looked like he'd just been slapped. "You've been manipulating me this whole time, acting as if you like me when you know damn well that you wouldn't kiss me wether it was a choice between me or a dementor!" You screeched, tears pouring out of your bloodshot eyes.

You hiccoughed and tried to storm out, when Draco grabbed your arm and twirled you round, slamming his lips on to yours.

You pushed away and slapped him. "You think that's an apology?" You yelled, your voice shaking. "You thought that you could get away with accusing me with good looks and irresistible flirtation?" "You think that making me love you is going to be your saving grace for all you've tricked me into believing?" You said, gathering volume. "You act as if you love me, when we all know bloody well that you're just trying to make a fool out of me! We don't live in some fairytale! We're not in some romance book, this is real life!" You screamed, your voice hoarse. Draco just stared, looking at you emotionally. "You never gave a damn about me." You growled, wiping your eyes. "And I'll never give a damn about you ever again." And with that, you stormed out of the office.

" And with that, you stormed out of the office