Chapter Twenty Three

You woke up in an unfamiliar room. It looked like your own, except none of your clothes or bags were there, and the whole room was Slytherin green. You groaned and turned to your side and saw Draco sleeping on a chair. "Dra-co..." you murmured. He stirred and opened his eyes. "You're such an idiot." He mumbled, then sat up. "Huh?" You replied grudgingly. "You could have died. You banged into the Slytherin spectator post and fell. Cedric caught you in time though." Draco murmured the last part. "Malfoy, why didn't you take me to my own room?" You grumbled, ignoring what he had just said and sitting up, rubbing your head. Malfoy stared at you as if you were an idiot. "Boys can't get into the girls dorms, didn't you know?" Malfoy drawled. You rolled your eyes, even though you actually didn't know that fact. Then you heard a banging from the corridor, someone was running very clumsily, along it. "Malfoy! Is she alright? Oh, y/n! Is she ok?!" You heard Cedric pant as he reached the entrance to the door. Cedric saw you sitting up, and froze. He looked very embarrassed. You giggled. "Thanks Cedric for saving me." You said, going slightly pink. Malfoy looked away as if his parents were kissing, and Cedric beamed with pride, then walk out of the room with a  little wave. There was silence for a bit. "Malfoy, what was that surprise for yesterday's night thing?" You piped up. Draco looked at you with slight surprise. "It's a secret for a reason, mudblood." He said, smirking. You pouted playfully. "Anyways, I made food for you, it's just next to your bed." Draco said casually. This, however, woke your senses and you darted your eyes to your bed and snatched the food tray. It was a full blown English breakfast; bacon, sausages, eggs, black pudding, baked beans, tomatoes, hash browns , mushrooms and toast. You gasped at him and he smirked. You dug in ravenously, like a lion to prey.

𓃟

"Draco, how comes you've never cooked with magic while you're here?" You asked him. Both of you had managed to sneak away from the library. "We're not allowed to do magic outside of school till we're sixteen, are you really that dim witted?" Draco said, twirling his wand in his hand, you flushed in embarrassment and stubbornness. "On the subject of cooking, let's go to the kitchens." Malfoy said, facing you.

You walked into the kitchen and looked around the pots and pans, and the huge pile of food that was in front of you. "Cook something for me." Malfoy directed. "But how did you get this much food- what do you want me to- I can't cook-!" You protested. Malfoy raised an eyebrow. "I used a duplication charm. Now get cooking." Malfoy said, as if he was a professional chef. You narrowed your eyes at him and stared back at the ingredients and winced. You were a terrible cook.

You took a knife and sliced into a piece of a mighty large duck. You started to slice the meat unevenly  and you could imagine the horrified expression plastered on Draco's face. You were about to cut another slice when Malfoy yelled. "No! I can't watch anymore, here, this is how you slice a duck!" Malfoy snarled, then he went behind you and picked up one of your hands with each of his, as if he was a puppeteer. However you couldn't think of that, your mind was swirling and your heart was pumping at his touch. He guided your hand with the knife to the duck and turned it around. He guided your hand to slice thin, even slices of duck. Then he let you try. You weren't able to do it any better then Malfoy, but he said you did a pretty good job. You both worked together and seasoned the duck and made a delicious soup. Finally, when you tasted it, it was like love on a spoon.

                                         ♡︎

"Malfoy, I'm going to go to the ladies room. You head back to the library just to be safe." You told Draco, hinting at Cedric's anger if they found out that they had been hanging out while he was working. He smirked and swaggered off. You rolled your eyes for about the billionth time that day and headed over to the lavatory. When you were returning, you walked past Dumbledore's office, however something urged you to go in. An instinct perhaps? You turned to face the gargoyle that guarded the ancient office. You didn't know the password, but you were determined to guess. "Dumbledore....uh... Gryffindor... um..Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw? Uhh... um...Hogwarts-." The gargoyle sprung into action and stairs descended from the floor. You stared, mouth agape and walked up the marble stairs for the first time in your life. You stepped in the beautiful office and saw empty paintings on the walls and a wooden desk, the sorting hat placed on it. You walked up to it, and driven by the feel of nostalgia, placed it on your head. Suddenly the seam of the hat burst open and it sung:
"Almost 1000 years ago, when I was stitched from leather
The headmasters of Hogwarts thrived like birds of a feather.
When arguments were small and lasted a day or two,
Until Salazar Slytherin took blood into a different view.
He would taunt muggleborn students, with the idea,
that non-magical blood, didn't deserve to be here.
Soon all the houses turned on Salazar,
he then promised that his students would leave a scar.
But before Salazar left, Helga Hufflepuff asked;
'Will you own up to your mistakes, or will you dwell on the past?
Perhaps four students, that each hold a quality from one of us all,
will be put together in the future and reunite this brawl.'
Salazar laughed hysterically, 'not in a thousand years!' He spat.
but here we are 999 years after, doing just that."