Girls day out

The next morning. Toph woke up to the sun that was shining through the window. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the sunrise. It was beautiful and she could hear the birds twitter. She got out of bed and stretched a bit before she got up to go to the bathroom. She wore a green tube top with beige baggy sweatpants. 

'...i have to get ready...brush my teeth... do a bun...and then put on some clothes Toph thought. 

She brushed her teeth and then brushed through her long hair. While she was brushing it she thought of how people would see her.

' am I pretty...does my face look good...maybe I'm ugly...sometimes I wish I could see myself...' thought Toph. 

She felt that someone was coming. It was Katara. She knocked on the door and asked to come in. 

" Toph ? Are you awake ? Can I come in ?" Katara asked. 

" You can come in ! " Toph said. 

Toph got out of the bathroom. In her left hand she still held the hair brushed and her hair was loose. 

" Wow..." Katara said. 

" What ? " Toph asked. 

" I rarely see you with your hair loose. It's suites you. You look lovely." Katara said with a smile on her face. 

Toph's hair was really long. It was jet-black and straight. Her bangs were quite long too. They reached her cheeks that were blushing. 

"Thanks. Too bad that I cannot see myself." Toph said and went back to the bathroom to do her bun. 

" I came here so that we can go together to have some breakfast." Katara said while walking to the bathroom. 

" What about the others ?" Toph asked.

" Aang and Zuko are practising some fire bending. Sokka and Suki are going shopping because he wants a new sword. Mai is waiting for us in the dinning room and Iroh is on the balcony as usual." said Katara while she was still smiling. 

Toph finished doing her bun. She put on her earth-bending cloth which was green and beige and her hairband.  

" I am ready. Let's go." Toph said. 

They both walked a while as the palace was huge. Katara tried to start a conversation with Toph as she was worried about her recent behaviour. 

" So...how was the walk yesterday ?" Katara asked and trying her best to act normal. 

Toph noticed that Katara's heart rate was increasing. She was nervous. 

' Weird... what is she up to...' Toph thought. 

" It was nice. I just needed some fresh air; not more." Toph said while she continued walking. 

" Oh that's good. If you want, we can go to the hot springs. There is this really nice one near..." Katara got interrupted by Toph. 

" No, but thank you for inviting me." Toph said with a more serious tone. 

" Come on. It will be nice. Another girls day out." Katara said. 

" I don't really like water. Last time I nearly drowned and Suki had to save me." Toph said. 

" The water isn't that deep and I will be right next to you." Katara said. 

" You will not leave me alone until i say yes; right ?" Toph asked. 

" We don't get cased by the fire nation anymore and we finally live in peace. Let's just enjoy our time together." Katara said. 

" Ok fine. I will go." Toph said. 

Katara linked her arms with Toph's. She beamed at Toph and couldn't stop. They arrived at the dinning room where Mai was already waiting. The table was full of food such as fresh fruits , fried eggs , bread and much more. It looked and smelled insanely delicious. They sat down and enjoyed the food together. 

" So are you and Aang officially dating now ?" Mai asked and grinned.  

" We are but I want to take things slow." Katara said and blushed. 

" It is so nice to see that twinkletoes finally found a girlfriend." Toph said and grinned as well. 

" He is really caring and I am genuinely happy. How are things with Zuko ?" Katara asked. 

" He is nice. I am happy too." Mai said and continued smiling. 

" What about you Toph ? Do you have a crush one someone." said mai , perching her chin on her hands while she grinned. 

Toph froze. Her heart beat was increasing and she felt the heat move to her cheeks. She tried to calm herself but failed. She thought about Sokka and couldn't stop. 

" No , I dont like anyone." Toph said as she turned and fled. 

" TOPH ! WAIT ! WHERE  ARE YOU GOING ?" Katara shouted. 

Mai looked shocked and felt guilty for asking such insensitive question. Mai got up to go after Toph but Katara grabbed her wrist. 

" I think she needs some time alone now." said Katara with an unhappy face. 

Mai looked at Katara and her face was full of regret. After they finished eating , Katara meandered around the palace but Toph is nowhere to be found. 

" Hey Katara , are you ok ? You look worried. " Sokka said. 

Katara was surprised to see them. She thought they would come back in the afternoon. 

" Yeah I'm just looking around. The palace is quite big and I still need to get use to that. " Katara lied so they would leave her alone. 

" Oh ok. Suki and I are going to to try out my new sword. " Sokka said while holding Sukis hand. 

" Nice. I have to go. Bye." Katara said and then rushed away.