just talking

" I just hate Humankind." Katara said while taking a sip of water. 

Her and Toph sat at the bar near the police head quarters of republican city. The others couldn't escape Katara and got a bruise on the eye. Every single one of them. She was still proud as she needed to hunt each of them down. Toph however, didn't know about Sokka's creepy mission. 

" Should I talk to Sokka ?" Toph asked and blushed. 

Katara pondered and finally said " Yeah, you should talk to that weirdo." 

Toph had feelings for Sokka but needed some time to think about everything. She wanted to be with him but had major trust issues that he would leave her again. How could she ever forget about that or even forgive him. 

" Thank you Katara...for everything..." Toph whispered and smiled a bit. 

The head of police that would never show her emotions , completely changed anytime her friends would be around. She hoped that this friendship would last for more than one life time. She got up to look for Sokka , Aang and Zuko. The three of them were probably in her House. 

" Welcome home ,Toph" Aang said while he sat next to Sokka at the living room . 

" Hello Toph. Where is Katara" Zuko said. 

" Hey, she is at the police station. Sokka ;can I talk to you ? " Toph shyly said. 

" SURE !" Sokka said and immediately jumped up. 

He was surprised that she came up to him by herself. Sokka knew that Katara was also helping Toph emotionally so he tried to remember himself , to thank Katara later. The two walked outside of the backyard. The weather was really warm and the sun rays were hitting Toph's face. The breeze made her bangs fly out of her face.  

" The last couple of days have been pretty weird. " Toph said. 

" I know ... listen , I really like you and if you don't have the same feelings , I completely respect that. I should have never just kissed so sudden , I just -..." Sokka got cut off. 

" It's not that , you left me. I am afraid that you will do that again." Toph seriously said. 

" No... I ... I would never do that..." Sokka said while getting closer to Toph. 

She stepped back and said " How do I know ? What if I wake up one day and you are gone."

" Listen..." Sokka paused he wrapped one arm around Toph. 

" I will never ever leave you again. Those years were the worst years of my life because you weren't a part of them. I wanted to visit you so bad but I guess that I was just too afraid to ruin it. " Sokka said. 

" You ruined it by not visiting me !" Toph said and pushed Sokka away. 

" I am sorry , ok ? I don't know what else you want me to do." Sokka said. 

" I just -... It's always so complicated between us. I think it's not meant to be. " Toph said monotonously.  

" No... don't say that..." Sokka said. 

" But it's true. I have feeling's for you but I cannot trust you !" Toph said furiously. 

" ...you have feelings for me ?" Sokka said while he bushed. 

Toph just realised what she said , the heat rose up her cheeks. " I - ... I -... yeah ... I guess so " Toph stuttered. 

Sokka grabbed Toph and gave her a passionate kiss. 

"  Sorry but I just had too." Sokka said while slowly pulling back.

Toph jumped onto him to give him another kiss. 

" I hate you." Toph whispered. 

Sokka lightly laughed and said " I have you even more." 

" OH DAMN WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING !  " Aang screamed out of excitement. 

" Just talking." Sokka said and grinned. 

Zuko was in the living room with Katara while the others where outside in the backyard. The silence was awkward. The two of them didn't even look at each other nor stayed near each other. The friendship between them would be mutual but nothing more. A lot of things have happened over the past 10 years. 

" What a lovely day , why aren't you guys going outside too ?" uncle Iroh said and sat down on the couch. 

Katara turned to Zuko and said " I see ! If you don't want to talk with me ... that's completely fine !"   

" Katara ..." Zuko said and stood up. 

" I am here to help Toph so if you would excuse me !" Katara said and left. 

Zuko watched as she left the room, he was sad. Things between the group has been difficult but each and everyone knew that if they truly needed someone or help , they could always count on everyone. Right now it was hard to keep n tracks with all the fights that have been challenging the gaang. 

" Oh ... I see." Iroh said while he grinned and took a sip of his tea.