A Heart for a Heart

She went outside like she did every afternoon and grabbed whatever was in her mailbox. She waited until she was in the comfort of her own home to begin sorting between what was useful and what was garbage. Halfway along, she found a lavender envelope. Curiously, she opened it up and inside it, a letter. Everything was written in very neat cursive, she noted as she scanned it. Finally she sat down and decided to read it.

"Hello dear,

I don't know if you remember me or not but let me refresh your memory. My name is Gage White, we had a few classes together in high school and we even dated for a short period of time. Well that was before you decided that I was no longer good enough for you and you broke up with me in the most horrifyingly way. You announced that you were breaking up with me for another guy, a more popular one, in front of the entire school. It was cruel, it was heartless and it hurt me dearly. You broke my heart that day."

She stopped reading the letter for a moment as she relived the memory. She did remember that day, she regretted it now but back then she hadn't seen a problem with it.

"It always belonged to you, my heart I mean, it was always yours and that fact alone made it near impossible to move on. I couldn't quite get over you and it was hard to cope knowing that you were happy with someone else. I needed to take the pain away and ease my suffering. My heart was what was causing the pain and I knew what i had to do to stop it. After that, I had a thought, more of a brilliant idea and that was that maybe you should have it because you were the one who broke it in the first place. Take care of it this time around."

She set the letter down and stared at the box in anticipation. Slowly, she pried the tape off and pulled the flaps open to reveal a bloodied heart at the very bottom of the box with another sheet of paper. She felt sickened by the sight that was displayed before her but even so, her curiosity was stronger as she reached for the paper.

"P.s. since I no longer have a properly working one I thought it would only be fair to take yours instead."

As she read the last note, her hands shook. She stood up abruptly which only caused the heart to fall to the floor. Her mind was in a frenzy.This couldn't be real, this had to be some sort of sick prank. The boy who sent this to her had died over a year ago. There was no way that he could have sent this.

And as she tried to convince herself otherwise her doorbell rang.

"Wait a moment, I'm coming." she yelled as she frantically put the letter under a book and pushed the box with the heart farther into the corner so it would be hidden. She closed her eyes and composed herself for a moment.

Opening the door, she revealed the boy dressed in dirty clothing with a blood stain over the area where his heart should be. Her heart dropped as she let out a scream.

He only smiled in response at the shocked expression on her face. He took a step forward.

"Thank you sweet heart for holding onto that for me."

She said nothing which caused him to frown. She was making his game rather boring.

"Didn't you get my present and my letter?" he queried.

Still no answer.

He let out a sigh as he reeled his hand back before plunging it straight through her chest. Her mouth was frozen in an "o" shape as he yanked out her vital organ and the blood began to spill.

"I told you I'd be back for this.

Karma's a bitch isn't it." He smiled a toothy smile.

And with that, he left her gasping for air as her blood splattered across the floor.

_________________________
The moral of this gory creepy pasta is to never break someone's heart. Or at least don't be cruel about it when you do.

Sorry if you don't like it. This was bit rushed. Sorry again.