Cracked

I woke up in a foggy room that looked like it could be my own, but I wasn't entirely convinced. Even though it looked exactly like my room, there was something off about it. It felt strange-different

I peered around in the fog trying to make out anything familiar and my eyes immediately landed on my bathroom door. A sliver of light flitted out from underneath it and my curiosity piqued. I tossed off my blankets and cautiously made my way towards the light. The strange feeling intensified as I walked closer and my heart began to hammer in my chest. I scolded myself for being such a wuss. I had nothing to be afraid of in my own home.

I let out a small, shaky breath before opening the door. I tensed up, afraid of what would lie on the other side but once again, I was greeted with darkness. The only source of light came from the mirror that hung above my sink. I walked over to it and stared at my own reflection.

Nothing was out of the ordinary, I still had the same medium length red hair and lime green eyes that seemed to shine even in the dark.I was about to turn around and leave when a small sound caught my attention. The very bottom of the mirror begun to crack and very slowly, I was entranced by it. The cracks slid up the mirror towards my face and that's when a sharp sting hit the side of my face. I broke out of the trance as I cradled the side of my face. As I brought my hands away from my cheek, blood dripped from my fingertips.

Something had cut me but that was impossible. I hadn't moved at all so how could I get cut? I ran a rag underneath the cold sink water before placing it on my cheek. My head jerked up at the sound of the mirror cracking. As I stared into its reflection my face began to burn. I let out a small gasp as I realized that the cracks in the mirror somehow affected me. The cracks struck the side of my cheek and it felt as if fire ants had made a home in my skin.

This was some kind of voodoo or gypsy magic. Things like this didn't normally happen. But then again they always said that mirrors were soul stealers so maybe this mirror had taken mine.

I let out a scream as the burning sensation got worse. I yanked my hands away from my face as another crack shot past my face, nicking the top of my hand. Tears leaked from the corner of my eyes. The pain was intense.

And from there, the pain only intensified. It gradually grew hotter and hotter until I was screaming my throat raw. It hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced.

"Please make it stop." I let out a sob as the cracks continued, spreading to my ears and nose.

The cracks didn't stop. Instead, they grew. The entire mirror had cracks racing up and down its frame. I let out a sob as my face grew hotter and felt as if it were on fire.

I slammed my hands on the mirror as an attempt to stop them but the attempt was useless. My hands only got damaged in the process and I actually broke it even more. A small chip of glass fell from the mirror.

I just wanted this pain to stop but the mirror didn't seem to care as more cracks flew across my face, tearing off more flesh that I though possible. My skin began to flake and peel off as shards from the mirror fell. My vision grew cloudy and the world around me began to spin as the pain grew to be more than I could bear. I sank to the floor and wrapped my arms around myself trying to remain conscious and calm.

After a while the cracking sound l stopped. I rose from the floor and took a look at myself in the mirror. Bits of flesh hung down from my cheeks showing the muscle underneath and near my left eye was the worst. I cringed and looked away.

The pain in my face subsided to a small ache and I began to weep once again. It was over. The madness had was finally over.

But was it really?

I froze as I heard the same sound from earlier. I lifted my eyes to the mirror to see that I wasn't the only one standing there. Well, I was but it was a different me. I was darker, more sinister looking and the way she was staring back at me made me shiver. She smiled slightly as she gave a small wave.

"Goodbye." she mouthed as she held up a dagger and struck the mirror once again.

And before I could scream another word, the mirror broke.

__________________________
Guys this 'pasta is actually a nightmare I've had. It was a lot more terrifying than I wrote it out to be. I just don't have the words to describe the feelings that ran through me.
Well I hope you enjoyed this!

Comments are encouraged!