Eye Stealer

"Let me tell you a story, Dear Reader. It's quite a funny tale." he took a sip of his drink. "It all started when her parent went out for the night."

At night, Alex always hide underneath her covers so she don't see anything strange in the darkness that lay before her.

"That's the reason she never saw me. And oh! how it infuriated me. I could be standing right over her but she wouldn't even notice my presence. I found that to be quite rude. "

She always took extra precaution in covering her eyes and placing headphones in her ears so she couldn't hear anything either. Well, tonight was different. One, because her kitten decided that biting her headphones would be fun and she broke them. Another is because Alex lost my face mask. So here she was hiding beneath her covers at 11:00 p.m.

"I could tell that tonight was going to be the night, so I quietly slipped down the hall and up to her room."

Alex tried blocking out the howling of the wind but it only seemed to get louder. To make things even worse, she was home alone. The wind slowed to a dull roar and it allowed her to hear everything in the house. Like their heating system, it was humming right now as well as their refrigerator. It allowed her to hear that her heart was pounding.

"Her fear tastes delicious by the way."

I pushed her room door open and smirked when I heard her suck in a deep breath.

Alex gripped the covers tightly as she contemplated looking around to see what was in her room. Alex could hear their footsteps getting closer and closer as the seconds melted into the past. The footsteps stopped right in front of her bed.

"That was me, of course."

Alex squeezed her eyes shut and prayed for this to be a dream. Some horrible nightmare that had decided to take place tonight. Then she heard their breathing. It was raspy and low.

"I thought that by doing this, It would invoke some curiosity into her."

Slowly, she lifted her covers and peeked at her surroundings. There was absolutely nothing in front of her.

"I decided to hide a bit, and see what her next move would be."

Letting out a sigh of relief, Alex took the covers off and was greeted with 2 glowing red orbs. She let out a wail of despair before diving back under her covers.

"Alex had seen me and I had seen her. That was all I needed. With no preamble, I gripped her covers in my hand and tugged it ever so slightly, just to let her know I was still here."

The covers were then being tugged at so slightly that at first, Alex didn't notice. Then it was being yanked violently and she held on to it for dear life. She feared the worst if she was to let go. Her hands slipped and it was ripped from her grasp. Alex was now face to face with the red eyed monster.

"I put a friendly smile on my face but she still screamed anyway."

The thing had a demonic smile on its face and Alex let out a scream. It only lasted for a few seconds before it stopped. The only sounds that could be heard were the howling of the wind and the humming of the refrigerator.

"I hid in her closet and waited for morning to come. "

When Alex's parents got home, they came to surprise their daughter but they were greeted with a surprise themselves. They found their 16 year old daughter dead in her own bed with her eyes gouged out and her ears shredded to the point of being unrecognizable.

"I did a good job if I do say so myself. I hope you aren't shocked or angry at me, I only did what needed to be done.

"You see, Dear Alex had forgotten the rules of childhood and paid the price dearly. Let this be a lesson to you all. Those rules you learned as a child are still in affect and it would do you good to obey them."

He closed his book and sat his drink down before placing the eyes into a jar labeled 'Alex'. It was a great addition to his collection, and he had m a n y.

"Another story well written and told."

He glanced up, just noticing your presence. He put on his most friendliest smile before speaking.

"Oh, your still here.Well Hello Dear Reader, will you please lift your covers up so that I may see your face? I heard that it was quite stunning."