Chapter Eleven : Up In Flames

Felix's POV:

Two days. I'd been awake for two days. I have been stuck in this damn hospital bed for two days. The only time they let me get up was to use the bathroom and that was after I had convinced them to remove the catheter they had used while I was unconscious. 

I still feel off about someone having been that close to my privates. I had started to freak about that bit of news before Mike stepped in with his natural calming aura and assured me his nurses were nothing but professional. I felt a little more comfortable knowing it had been a nurse and not him that had done it. The nurse that had come in to remove it had made the process as quick and painless as possible. She was a little spitfire named Anne-marie and she did not take no for an answer. It still didn't stop me from freaking out a little bit but she had left as much of my body covered as she could while removing the catheter.

That had happened two days ago now and as nice as these people were I just wanted to get out of here and get home to my bed where I was safe. Every time I brought up leaving though it got instantly shot down with excuse after excuse. I was too weak, they still had tests to run, the doctor hadn't released me yet. I was seriously getting sick and tired of the excuses. The room was nice and all. It was a private room in their personal medical facility on their property I had found out. Apparently they had it built  in when they realized the closest hospital was just too far away in case of emergencies. I guess it worked in my favor, though I still found it odd. What were they doing that they needed a fully equipped medical facility?

I had been in this hospital room for over a week now according to what Mike had told me when I first woke up and although I appreciated that they cared for me and my son while I was out I just couldn't get comfortable having all of these strangers around. And I seriously could use a shower. Not to mention I hadn't been able to get a solid nights sleep since I woke up. Between the anxiety of being in an unfamiliar place and the nightmares that plagued me every time I closed my eyes I just couldn't do it.

Everyone had been very nice, well mostly. Cassie watched over Michael and Dante like a mother bear and after seeing her interact with my son I felt like I could trust her to watch him. I didn't want him to be stuck here in the hospital room with me and he seemed to be having fun spending his days and nights with Dante.

Mike came in and checked on me multiple times a day and kept me updated on all of the tests they ran. He was still concerned about my heart because of the severity of my panic attack but so far none of the tests had showed anything abnormal. Part of me thought maybe he was just running them as an excuse to keep me here because every time I asked him why I needed more tests her skirted the issue. Still, he was nice enough and always brought with him a calming presence. 

Isaac had never returned to the hospital room and as much as I tried to deny it, it hurt that he never came to check on me. I still had no idea why but part of me just felt safe when he was near, like nothing would hurt me. I wanted to get another look at his beautiful eyes and feel that warm safe feeling again but he never came. The man should scare me but I just couldn't find in my self to fear him. I found my self hoping he'd come back like he said he would.

 I actually asked Mike about it and he had shrugged it off making the excuse that his brother was a busy man but mike couldn't meet my eyes as he spoke so I knew there was more to the story that that. It was like Isaac was avoiding me on purpose and that hurt. I had no idea why. I barely knew the man.

I just wanted to go home where I could shower and sleep without someone witnessing another one of my attacks.

A knock on my door pulled me from my thoughts and a second later the door opened to reveal Mike holding his tablet. He smiled when he saw me sitting up walked further into the room.