Chapter Twenty-one : Burden

Felix's POV:

Burden. That's what I felt like. Nothing more than a burden.

The situation was progressively getting worse with each passing day. If it wasn't for the late night kisses or him occasionally sleeping next to me, I'd swear Isaac didn't know I existed. Most days he is gone from sun up to sun down. We never had a meal together. He didn't come with me to get the boys or sit with me to talk anymore. Honestly I felt a little piece of my heart crumble away each day. I thought we had been making progress but I guess not.

At night he would climb into bed with me, kiss me and wish me sweet dreams but by the time I was awake the next morning he was gone without a word. The last couple days he hadn't even done that. How were we supposed to move forward in our relationship if we didn't spend any time together? How was I supposed to show Him how much I love him if he can't even take an hour out of his day to spend it with me, to get to know me, to hopefully grow to love me as well.

I let out a frustrated groan and roll over onto my stomach, trying to ignore the ache in my heart.

"He's just trying to protect you. Don't be stupid." I mumble to my self. I sigh and push my self up off of the bed and go about getting ready for the day. 

It's Cassie's day to get the boys and dinner tonight is going to be leftovers because I hate wasting food and we have plenty already cooked up in the kitchen. 

I throw on a pale blue pullover and some dark washed jeans before making my way into the bathroom. I didn't want to take a lot of time to get ready but I also wanted to look nice in case today was the day Isaac decided to spend some time together so I glanced quickly in my reflection in the bathroom mirror.

I had a major case of bedhead so I quickly fixed that then left the room and headed for the living room. swinging my legs over the couch, I flopped my body down and reached for the remote.

Nope, nope, nope. I flicked through the channels barely looking at the screen, not really interested in anything that was on. I had too much going on inside of my head.

I felt my mind wander back to Isaac, wishing he was here, wishing we could cuddle and talk about what's been going on. I know I'm human, and not really much use in a fight against a massive wolf but it would still be nice to be included in the conversations that involve mine and my son's safety.

I glance at the clock than over at the door. There's still a while before Cassie will be back with the boys. I had slept in, not really wanting to leave the bed today, so it was already a little after two in the afternoon. 

There was nothing for me to do. nothing to clean, I had deep cleaned last night before dragging my exhausted body to bed for the night. I didn't need to cook anything which usually took up at least a couple hours in my day. There was nothing to keep my brain occupied, so it kept drifting back to my mate, wishing he was here.

Go to him  My brain was telling me.

Yeah, right, and say what? 'sorry to bother you but I need attention, I'm bored.'

Then again, the way Cassie described it and the way I understood it, your mates happiness and well being comes before anything else so wouldn't me going to him be a good thing? Would it make him happy to know I missed him?

I felt my hands start to fidget nervously and I glanced at the clock again.

Thirty minutes, maybe less and Cassie would be back with Michael. If I wanted to talk to Isaac I needed to do it now. Otherwise my next chance wouldn't be until late tonight and I didn't have the patience for that right now.