Chapter Six : Tall, Dark and Creepy

Chapter Six

Tall, Dark and Creepy

Felix's POV:

I tap my foot impatiently, waiting for my son to appear out of his classroom. I stand off to the side, away from the daily rush of the small bodies and their parental units who are just as eager to get home after a long day. Thankfully in their eagerness to get home they pay me no mind just as they have done for the last two weeks. In fact the last time anyone bothered to make any form of contact was when Dante was dropped off by his uncle, the creep.

And yet, even with the lack of contact, you are still being constantly watched.

"Shut it brain." I mumble, stepping closer to the open gate now that the rush of people has slowed.

The bell rang two minutes ago and usually by now I'd have my arms full of a talkative Michael who couldn't wait to seem me at the end of his school day to tell me all of the fun things he and Dante had done.

Speaking of which...

"Daddy!" Michael yells, almost on queue, as he runs at me clutching a piece of paper in his hands.

I kneel down and lift him into my arms when he slams into my chest, practically vibrating with what I can only guess is excitement based on the massive smile he had on his face when he shot out of his classroom and ran straight toward me.

"Igotinvitedotapartydaddy! Ohmygoshapartydaddy!" He squeals and pulls back, smacking me in the face with a blue and green piece of cardboard.

"Woah there big boy," I laugh, taking the paper from him before he can smack me with it again, "Let me see here."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You are Invited!

April 7th at 11:45 am

1214 Blackwood lane.

Games and food will be provided as we celebrate the 6th birthday of Dante Blackwood!

RSVP @ (123) 456 - 7890

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wait, April 7th.....THATS TOMORROW! Really people, you couldn't give a little more advanced notice?

Party. A party means people, a LOT of people. A party means mingling with the other parents. Damn, and here I thought I'd escaped the fate.

"Wow," I croaked, trying to sound excited for my baby boy, "Your first big boy party!"

"Can we go Daddy? Pleeeaaaseeee? With a cherry and Nutella syrup on top!" He added, throwing in the puppy dog eyes and pouty lips for good measure.

Ugh, not the puppy eyes!

I force a smile and nod, giving him his answer knowing I'd never be able to tell him no and see the disappointment in his little blue eyes. I knew full well that there would be times such as this where I'd have to endure uncomfortable situations to provide a somewhat normal childhood for my son.

Without warning he lets out an ear piercing screech. I cringe away from the noise and quickly set him back on the sidewalk to get some distance between my ears and his vocal chords.