结束

"so? why did you leave? you promised me you would tell me why."

hongjoong asks as the couple cuddle on the couch, not paying attention to the show airing on tv. he turns to his boyfriend and looks at him with curious eyes.

seonghwa glances at him a few times before sighing and turning the tv screen off. he turns to hongjoong with serious eyes, something that hongjoong hasn't seen in a long time.

"i had some work that I needed to finish up, and that needed some time to do."

hongjoong rolls his eyes.

"I know that, stupid, I am saying specifically what and why."

seonghwa pursed his lips for a while, hesitating before finally sighing.

"i am the boss of a mafia, hongjoong, and I disappeared because I need to clear off all my enemies."

hongjoong stops, staring at him in bewilderment.

"what?"

"I kill people and deal with illegal stuff for a living hongjoong."

it takes hongjoong a few seconds to process the information he has just heard, face expressionless, until he opens his mouth.

"so the hands I am holding right now, they were drenched in people's blood before?"

"...yes."

"and those scars on your body that I see everytime when we shower, those are from your enemies?"

"mostly missions but yes."

"and that time you came back home with a mini bandaid on the side of your lips and a mean purple eye on our 5th year anniversary, that was from your missions as well?"

"...yes."

silence overcame them for a while, as hongjoong takes in the sight of seonghwa sitting before him. seonghwa sits on the couch, feeling nervous and scared about his response.

hongjoong slowly reaches out to hug seonghwa and embraces him tightly in his arms.

"i am so glad you are still safe."

hongjoong utters under his breath, surprising seonghwa.

hongjoong releases the hug and looks at seonghwa seriously.

"i understand why you left now, but promise me you will never keep a secret from me ever again and disappear without any trace."

"...you are not surprised by my occupation?"

hongjoong sighs exasperatedly.

"i am, seonghwa. but i can't exactly tell you to leave since that's basically your job, and also because if you leave there's an even higher chance of you dying and that's undesirable."

he stops talking and glares at seonghwa. it reminds seonghwa of an angry cat.

"but I swear to hell and heaven if you dare disappear on me again without leaving any note or trace behind I'm chopping your dick off and mincing it as dinner for the ghosts and wolves."

seonghwa secretly shivers at the imagery.

"got it."

"good."

hongjoong smiles at the response and goes back to cuddling with seonghwa. the two sit peacefully together in the silence once again as they slowly doze off into the night.

the end.