四十三

when hongjoong wakes up, he wakes up to the bed he and seonghwa once shared. he raises his body up by pushing his hands on one of the fluffy pillows and yawns a little.

he notes that seonghwa is nowhere to be seen.

as expected.

he looks to the bedside table instinctively, and finds his phone sitting there, charging. hongjoong takes his phone and checks the time as he runs his fingers through his unwashed hair.

10.35pm.

hongjoong sighs and walks out of the bedroom. he heads for the kitchen to find something to eat, not expecting to be welcomed by plates of food settled on a table, covered by a lace lid to keep the food warm.

he stares at the table for a few seconds, shock, slowly walking to the table and finding a note sitting under one of the plates.

hongjoong takes the paper and reads it silently.

i will be back soon, make sure to eat and rest well. I love you :)

-seonghwa.

he looks to the table of food and takes the lace lid out, breathing in the delicious smell of home cook food. hongjoong sits down on a chair and takes a bite out of the steamed fish and rice that seonghwa made with a spoon that was placed in the bowl.

tears starts running down hongjoong's cheek slowly as he eats, bite after bite, until he is crying.

how long has it been since I have eaten his cooking?

for the first time in a while, hongjoong cries. he cries to the feeling of eating seonghwa's home cook food, and cries to the long lost yearning of it.