Chapter 10: Quality Time with Emily

• Dedicado a ALL MY READERS! LOVE YOU ALL XOX

IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S MESSAGE AT THE END! PLEASE READ!

_____________________________________________________________________________

              My jaw dropped open as we approached the house. It was a sparkling, pure white mansion. Literally. Emily must be filthy rich.

               “You never told me that you were rich!” I exclaimed, gaping at the mansion.

               “I don’t want that fact to change other people’s opinion of me. Some people just act all sweet because they want to hang out with a rich girl,” she frowned.

               “Don’t worry,” I assured her, “I’m not like that. Or at least I don’t think I’m like that…”

               “Nope. You’re treating me like a normal person so far,” she grinned.

               “If it’s okay to ask, how did you get so much money?” I asked as we entered the house.

               “My parents. They’re really hardworking, and someday I want to be like them. I don’t want to be some kind of spoiled brat because my parents shower me with gifts,” she replied, leading me up the majestic staircase.

               “That’s so great! I’m glad you don’t want to take advantage of your money,” I said, my mind wandering to my past. I used to have a “friend” of mine that was filthy rich, and she took advantage of her money in horrible ways. She was a bitch.

               Emily led me to my new room. It was gorgeous – it was the room of my dreams. There was large window in the center of the back wall that was framed by light green curtains. The soft-looking bed sat right underneath it. On the right wall, there was a walk-in wardrobe and on the left wall was a desk complete with a desk lamp, a laptop, and a comfy chair. As I entered the room, I noticed that there was more. Right in front of the bed, against the wall, was a 46-inch plasma TV on top of a TV cabinet full of DVDs. There was a Blu-Ray player in the cabinet, too.

               While I was busy gaping at the room, Emily said, “I’m sorry if it’s too simple. It’s the guest room after all. Not much.”

               “Not much?!” I replied, still taking in the room in awe, “It’s all I ever wanted!”

               “But isn’t this what normal people have?”

               I shut my mouth and muttered, “I didn’t exactly live on the best terms.”

               “Do you want to…” she trailed off.

               “Maybe a little later, but I promise that I will,” I told her as I set my suitcase down on my new bed.

               She smiled and thanked me, and she left the room to give me some private time.

               When she disappeared through the doorway, I belly-flopped on top of the bed and stayed there motionless, thinking about the dramatic change of my life.

               Andrew threw me out. I met One Direction. I kissed Zayn Malik. I’m getting hate from people who think I’m dating Niall Horan. I moved in with a girl that I barely knew. Huh, I wonder how the rest of my life will turn out…

**********

               “Jennifer… It’s time to wake up,” cooed a voice by my ear.

               I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at the source of the sound. It took me a second to realize that it was Emily staring back at me with a bright smile on her face.