Ariel

Scott hands me the barrel of ice cream as we watch The Notebook at midnight. I hear Stiles snore and I slap his neck. "Jesus Christ, that hurt!"

"Then watch the movie." He sighs and grabs the ice cream from me.

"I would rather watch Star Wars."

Kira stands up and stares at Stiles. "You. Like. Star. Wars?" He nods. "OH MY GOSH. ME TOO. I still can't get Scott to watch it with me, but I'll make him somehow."

"Tonight's the night, then." Stiles hands me the ice cream and stands up, knocking into all of the DVDs and falling to the floor. "I'm all good. Weak legs." I laugh a little as he stands up and grabs Star Wars from the floor.

"Wait. No. I am NOT watching Star Wars." Scott and I say I'm complete synchronization.

"Oh yes you are." He takes the Notebook out as the screen turns black. I pout as Star Wars replaces it. Stiles fumbles back onto the couch as the movie starts.

"Can you get me my phone? It's under the bracelet, upstairs." I smile at him.

"Fine." He runs up the stairs as I hear him gasp.

"What is it, Stiles?" He runs downstairs bringing my phone with him.

He takes a deep breath. "Okay, so the pictures that are crossed out in my room. Some are crossed vertically, horizontally, and in a diagonal-"

"Diagonally."

"Diagon Alley?"

I sigh. "Nevermind."

"I was looking at the shapes that the lines make. All in all, all of the lines create ARIEI. I don't know what Ariei means. But I looked at the bracelet you gave me, and it says Ariel. If there is one more picture with a horizontal cross on it, that means the I is an L. And we know who did this. Or we have a clue."

Scott and Kira exchange confused glances. And then I remember the picture of doe-eyed Stiles and his mom standing in the grass on a foggy day. The cross on the picture was horizontal.

"I know the other picture." His eyebrows raise and I run up the stairs.

"YOURE MISSING THE BEST PART IN STAR WARS!" Kira yells.

I grab the picture and place it against the wall. He was right. This was right.

"I DID IT! I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!" I scream. I hear Scott laugh and then I think about my grandma who gave me the bracelet. Wait--I'm Ariel. Did I do this?