Romeo and Juliet

I take off my broken heels and head to the class room. I always have a pair of ballet flats in my bag.

2. Always have ballet flats in purse.

I switch my shoes and everyone gets to sitting down. English is the only class that I don't have with Stiles. I instinctively decide to re-apply my lip gloss. Mr. Harris taps his ruler on my desk and I don't even flinch. "Ms. Martin, why do you think it is appropriate to do your make up in my class?"

"It's always an appropriate time to do my makeup." I look at him with my signature look. Meaning 'ha. You think you're smarter than me.'.

With my luck, I had detention. After the final bell rings, I stand up and grab my purse. A few boys wink at me and I flip them off while swaying my hips. I sit in the detention room, while trying to shove my stilettos in my snake skin purple purse. "L-Lydia?" I turn my head and see puppy dog eyes stare into my soul.

I clear my throat, not breaking the code, and turn back around. "It's me, Stiles. Can you please talk to me? It was really kind of you, today." The Lenthley boy walks in and sits in front of me. "Lydia. Excuse me." He pounds his fist on the desk and retracts it from the pain. "Jesus Christ."

Mr. Harris walks I'm and sits at his desk. "All of you, quiet." I roll my eyes and put my purse under my chair. "You three trouble makers will be reading my favorite book today, Romeo and Juliet." He emphasizes 'trouble makers' like it's a bad word and he finally has the freedom to say it.

He passes out the books to each of us and Stiles passes me a note that says Hi. I sigh, crumple it up and throw it at Lenthley's head. I hear Stiles wince like it's hurting him to see me ignore him so well. "Stop it this instant!" Mr. Harris struts to the front of the classroom like he owns the place. Which he practically does.

"Read." I open up my book at start to browse. I love reading, not many people know that. Another note appears on my lap. Don't waste your love on somebody who doesn't value it. I rip this one into shreds.

Detention is over and I practically storm out of the room. My phone rings and I pick it up. Allison. "Hey gurl." She starts the conversation every phone call with the same words. I puff.

"Hi."

I hear her let a slight chuckle from behind her teeth. "Somebody's grouchy."

A ruler smacks my arm and I wake up. "Get back to reading, Martin! No time for day dreaming." Allison was dead. How was I so delirious.

The bell rings again and it signals that detention is really over. I grab my purse and stand. Stiles' hand touches my shoulder. "It's me, Stiles." I sigh loudly.

"I know."

"YOU TALKED!"

I roll my eyes and start to walk away. "I realize that. Bye, Stilinski."

"Please!"

"What. You want me to tell you how I feel about that note you gave me? The note about how I'm a doll and everyone can play with me."

He shook his head. "No. I didn't mean it that way. I was just saying, I feel like you deserve someone better than a jock. I'm tired of you ignoring me. It wasn't my fault that Allison died. I didn't do it!"

"It was your army!" I scoff and walk out of the classroom. Kira, scrawny and over energetic, bumps into me. "Hey."

"Hi!!!! Why are you still here?! I thought you quit band!" I silence her with my finger.

"Detention. I have to go."

"Do what?"

"Play some games." I wink and walk past Kira, leaving her to smell my perfume.