Reverse Psychology

I tell Stiles that I will come over when his dad has duty. I obviously didn't want to get tied up in that argument, again. It's 11:00 P.M. and I get a text from Stiles.

'He left the house.'

I pick up my purse and put a few more pins in my hair. I still had someone to impress, and I liked it way.

'I'm on my way.'

Stiles still hadn't told me why he thought someone was in his room. And I was getting more anxious by the second. I open his door and he stands there, with his left hand twitching. "Stiles...what's wrong?" He looks up at me.

"They did something with the pictures. The ones I string up that document our cases."

"They're gone?" He shakes his head a little and has me walk up the stairs behind him, after shutting the door. We go into his room and I gasp. All of the pictures of Allison and Aiden are crossed out with a marker. "Who would do this?"

"I don't know. But I'm afraid of who they'll cross out next." He sighs and I sit on his bed. I see a picture on the floor and I pick it up. It's of Stiles and Claudia when he was 3. It takes me a while to notice. Claudia is crossed out.

I try not to gasp again, but it manages to come out. "What is it, Lydia?"

I decide to keep it to myself. Stiles didn't need another thing on his plate. "Nothing. Just choked on my spit again." He raises his eyebrow and turns back to the wall to examine the remaining pictures.

"I wonder who could have got into my room. The pictures were fine this morning. At least....I didn't notice them." He sighs. "But I'm going crazy. So maybe they were here."

I stand up and grab his hand. "If you're any kind of crazy, you're MY crazy." I kiss his cheek.

"You're such a different lydia with me now. Not so hostile and demonic." I laugh a little and play with his fingers. "I'm really sorry about my dad. Sometimes he just gets into this stage where everything reminds him of mom and gets on his nerves. Weird, right?" I nod a little and there is a knock on the front door. Stiles' hand twitches against mine. "Stay here."

He walks down the stairs slowly and quietly. I hold my breath for a second. Voices whisper something in my head that I can't make up. The door opens. "Scott!" I exhale. "Bring it in, bud." They hug and I walk into the landing of the stairs.

"OoOoO. Lydia is here. Merry Christmas by the way. Doesn't really seem like Christmas. I guess that's what happens when you grow up. Everything is a little too real." I bite my lip as Scott walks in. Kira follows. Oh crap. She can't know about me and Stiles. She wouldn't approve.

I give Scott 'the look'. He raises an eyebrow and I run into Stiles' room and hide in his closet. I hear Scott 'OOH!'

"What is it, Scott?" Kira asks.

"Where'd Lydia go?" Stiles questions and I hear footsteps. How am I going to play this off? I get out of the closet and pull off the gold bracelet my grandma got me, that says Ariel on the inside.

Stiles enters the room. "Babe?"

"I have one more surprise for you...but Scott and Kira can't be here." He raises an eyebrow and shuts the door.

"Just give it to me in here. We have privacy." I sigh and hand him the bracelet. "Lydia...you didn't have to do this." I mentally high five myself.

"You got me the best present ever. The two presents I got you don't even compare to yours." He kisses me. "Can Kira and Scott leave?"

"Why?"

"I--Uh--idontwantkiratoknowaboutus." I pick my fingernails.

He grabs my hands. "Why not? She will love it."

I shake my head as he sighs. "I had brought it up earlier and she wasn't a fan."

"Maybe she will change her mind. C'mon." I pout and he nudges me. "Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease."

I look at his puppy dog eyes. "Fine." He sets the bracelet on his counter and he pulls me out into the stairway.

"Kira." She looks up at us. "I would like to announce, that Lydia and I are dating." The biggest grin grows on her face.

"YASSSSSSSSSS!" I raise my eyebrow.

"I-I thought you didn't want me dating Stiles." I butt in.

"Reverse psychology. Duhhhhhh!" I smile a little. "Please kiss. Right now." She smiles and Stiles pulls me in.

He whispers. "Told you." I roll my eyes and he kisses me.