Claudia

It's Christmas Morning. And Stiles invited me to spend Christmas at his house, because my mom and dad still weren't home. He covers my eyes. "What is it?!" I bite my lip.

"Just wait, okay?" He laughs a little.

"I can't wait!!" He pushes me forward a little and then takes his hands off of my eyes. I draw in a shaky breath. "Oh. My. God. This is just too much!" I turn around and kiss him.

"I figured you would want some....stuff." There was a mound of canvases, paint brushes, paints, pencils, make up, dresses, shampoo, and peaches and cream lotion. "Do you like it?"

"Yes!!" I jump up and down. Papa Stilinski walks down the stairs in underwear.

"Oh crap! Lydia's here!" I cover my eyes and laugh.

"It's alright, dad. She's seen boys in underwear." I smack his arm.

"What is that supposed to mean?!" He shrugs and giggles. I pull my hands away from my eyes and the Sheriff is in a robe. "Phew."

"Do you like your present, Lydia?" I nod and smile.

"It was so sweet. Hopefully Stiles likes my present too." I wink and run into the other room, grabbing the gift on the U turn back. "Close your eyes." He shuts them tight. "Alright, I put a lot of thought into this. Hopefully you enjoy it. Open." His eyes shoot open and his jaw drops.

"I-is that a..."

"Lacrosse stick with a bat instead of a stick." I say proudly. "Just in case something comes on the lacrosse field." I smile and he pulls me into a huge hug, lifting me off of the ground. "You like it, right?"

"DUH!" He has a huge grin plastered on his face. "This is sooooo awesome!"

Later that day, we were eating dinner when Mr. Stilinski started talking. "This is the first time we have ever had a girl in our house on Christmas since Claudia died." My abs tightened.

"I-I hope I bring the same energy she did." I stuck my fork in the cheesy potatoes.

Stiles puts his hand on my thigh. "You do."

"No, you don't. Nobody can replace her." Papa Stilinski takes a sip of his beer. My eyes widen. Stiles looks at me.

"I'm sorry. He gets like this sometimes."

The sheriff slams his drink on the table. "She was one of a freaking kind. Nobody can replace her." I shift uncomfortably. "To be completely honest, it's all Stiles' fault." Stiles' hand twitches on my leg. "He drove her crazy."

"Dad..."

"He did. She hated him. All he would do is get on her nerves."

Stiles stands up. "She loved me! She loved me when you were off at work and coming home drunk! I loved her too! I didn't drive her crazy! That wasn't my fault! And it wasn't hers! Alright?!" I bite my lip and stand up to leave.

"Well, thank you for sharing Christmas with me. I've had a lovely time."

"Lydia, please don't go." Stiles frowns.

"I have a report to do. I have to start it." I grab my purse. "Thanks."

I walk out and shut the door. I put my ear to it to hear what happens.

"I know the reason you like her, Stiles. She's just like Claudia."

"Shut up! You don't know a thing about Mom!" I hear him push a chair and run up the stairs. Consciously, I decide to leave. I had moved my presents to my house with Stiles in the middle of the day. I come home to see my phone blowing up with messages from Stiles.

'Lydia. There's something wrong. Someone was in my room.'