Broken

The doorbell rings. I run down the stairs and flatten my skirt. I smack my lips and put my hand on the door. Why was I so nervous? I pull my fingers off of the door and take a deep breath. The doorbell rings again and I open it to reveal Stiles.

I have to be honest. I had feelings for Stiles. When I kissed him because of his panic attack, I just felt it. Something I rarely felt.

"Can I come in?" I nodded and he walked inside. "Thanks for asking me to come." He turned around and looked at me with his cocoa puppy eyes. "Is Lydia here?" He waved a hand in front of my face.

"Yea. Sorry. We can go upstairs." I shut the door while Stiles starts up the stairwell. "Stiles?" He turns around. The feeling was coming back, but I I pushed it away. "Nevermind." I walked upstairs and sat on my bed with Stiles. "Can we start with English?" I look at him. I knew then that I couldn't play any games with him. I felt something real. Not fake.

He nods and I take out my book. "Lydia, can I tell you something?" He looks at me with something behind his eyes. I nod. "You don't need to do this."

"Do what?"

"Pretend that you're someone else. I know you don't need help studying. You're a genius. You've always been the smartest. You're way smarter than me. I like the other Lydia better. The one who doesn't act like she's dumb, like she doesn't care if boys walk all over her, like--like she doesn't have feelings for anyone." His head sinks to his chest and my mouth is involuntarily open.

Stiles was smarter than I thought. He knew more than I imagined he could. My facade wasn't as solid as I had hoped.

"I-I..."

"It's alright, Lydia. I know you're still mad at me for whatever reason. But, it wasn't my fault. You became a great person. But then, you changed back into the Lydia that you thought would impress everyone. But it doesn't. And for some reason, I hate you for it. I know that you're shocked that I know all of this. But Lydia, everyone knows now. They know that you're such a great person and that you're genius and genuine. And everyone is disgusted with this mask you put on to make you feel more acceptable. But it's made you unacceptable in a way. I'm tired of acting like I don't know what's wrong when I really know why you hate me and why you won't open up to anyone and why you will never talk to me! This sick joke your playing is so hard to deal with! Nothing's going to fix this, Lydia!...Nothing." He sighs, breathes heavily. "I have to go." He walks away and out of the house.

A tear slides off of my cheek. I remain completely emotionless.

Stiles broke me.